Dissapointed with Derma Roller Result, Now Considering Fraxel or Ematrix. What Do You Suggest? (photo)

I had 3 sessions of derma roller which didn't do any good for my acne scar and 1 session of micro dermabrasion which put on pimples on my face. Now, im considering Fraxel or Ematrix to treat my acne scar but dont knoe which one is better. My skin is sensitive to sunlight and I am afraid to that after the laser or ematrix i will have pimples again. Please help. Thanks

Fraxel for acne scarring

+1

I like the Fraxel restore combined with subcision. I also use fillers but not until after the laser treatments are over. Occasionally I use the ablative fractionated lasers as well, but I prefer Fraxel restore for most cases. 

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

I would recommend a combination of subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser

+1

I have treated many patients with this type of scarring.  In my hands the best treatment is a combination of subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser performed on the same day.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel pretty good for acne scarring

+1

acne scarring has always been  a very difficult problem to treat; fraxel has been the best thing to come along to improve it since i went into practice 25 years ago. results are not uniform and some patients get much more improvement than others. i would suggest you give it a try...plan on 4-6 treatment sessions  and then 6 months of time until you judge the results.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars and Fraxel

+1

I think your acne scars may respond to Fraxel treatment.  Although this may be controversial, I would recommend filling some of the depressed areas prior to any resurfacing procedure. 

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon