Immediate Displacement of Perlane from Goggles Used During IPL

A week ago I received Perlane, Botox, IPL. IPL was performed immediately following receiving the fillers.When the Doctor removed my goggles, he said "Why didn't I think of that".Pressure from the goggles had left a very obvious dent where the filler had been placed. He massaged vigorously to remove the dent. A week later it looks as though I had NOTHING done to my nose. Is there a possibility that the combination of goggle pressure and massage displaced the filler ?

Pressure indent from goggles after Perlane

+2

It is possible that very hard pressure or hard massage can move the filer, whether Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse or Perlane, as that is how I correct the rare circumstance when I see an unsatisfactory lump that is created by injecting a filler. There shouldn't be a problem with doing the IPL first and then the filer the next treatment. For now, see your doctor for a follow-up appointment and evaluate if you shoud have some more filler injected.

IPL should not be done until at least 24-48 hours after fillers or Botox

+2

In my practice I do not do fillers on people after they've received injections for a minimum of 24 hours. The fillers and Botox do not do well when IPL is done directly over them, and they can move and migrate and even go away. Since it isn't a good idea to press on areas directly after Botox or fillers, it's definitely not a good idea to put a heated treatment head on there! This wasn't a good idea, and yes, your filler may definitely have moved.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD