I Dislike the Shape of my Nose but Not the Size? (photo)

I feel that my nose is too round at the tip and i have a small bump on the bridge of my nose. However, i do not think that my nose is too big for my face and i would absolutely not want it smaller from my front view. I want to have rhinoplasty to improve my overall appearance. Would it be possible to make my tip less round and more defined without making my front view smaller? while also making my profile straight with a nice curve? Thank you :)

Rhinoplasty tip

+1

Hi

I think your goals are reasonable and achievable.

The next step is to see a few plastic surgeons in your area and get them to assess you. Choose one that understands your goals and has a sound operative plan to achieve them.

Good luck.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I Dislike the Shape of my Nose but Not the Size?

+1

The tip can be reshaped and does not have to be made smaller.   However, communication and defining exactly what you will want done will be paramount.  Of course, the hump can be reduced at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty improvement without changing the size

+1

The goals of each individual rhinoplasty differ depending upon what the patient desires and what the surgeon can accomplish.  Refinement of the tip and shaving a hump on the bridge are two common maneuvers performed routinely in rhinoplasty.  Computer imaging is available on our website for you to try.   Please see the link below for our rhinoplasty photo gallery

+1

It IS possible to refine the appearance of the nose without making it smaller. If your nasal tip bothers you only in certain lighting then a subtle tip refinement will likely be adequate for you. The angled view that bothers you appears to show the "shoulders" of your nasal bones. These can be shaved down to provide a smoother contour along your nasal bridge. Seek a rhinoplasty expert and make sure that they are capable of creating natural results. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS   Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon