Parentheses Around my Mouth. Would I Be a Candidate for Lifestyle Lift?

Treatment of Parentheses

+3

The parentheses lines can be addressed in several ways depending on how deep they are (both at rest and with movement) and where they are. Generally they can be improved with the use of fillers like Restylane or Juvederm or even your own fat. They may also be softened with a skin resurfacing treatment like fractional CO2 lasers. With regard to having a Lifestyle-like Lift, it is very unlikely that the parentheses lines will disappear. They may soften temporarily due to swelling after the surgery, but will likely return once the swelling is gone.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Have a Thorough Examination by a Facelift Surgeon

+2

Rather then fitting a procedure for your particular concerns and anatomy, I would encourage you to have an examination by an experienced facial surgeon to determine the best course of action for you. A lift may be part of the solution but usually, injectable fillers play an important role. Otherwise, disappointment will be certain.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines around mouth

+2
What you describe usually cannot be corrected with any type of facelift. Fillers or ,in some cases, direct excision can work.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

NO! Read the reviews here on RealSelf.com concerning the LSL. ONLY 50% were happy or might I say 50% were very unhappy. Try a filler From MIAMI 

Lifestyle Lift and Mouth Parentheses - Lifetsyle Lift Naturalyn Program

+1

The Lifestyle Lift procedure can help soften the parentheses around the mouth. However, if they are deeper, one usually needs to add some type of volume to help improve this area. To this end, any type of artificial filler one uses is often a good complement to the Lifestyle Lift, and can afford patients a convenient way to enhance the volume in this region. One disadvantage of artificial fillers is that they often need to be maintained over time. To this end, the Lifestyle Lift  offers a program called Naturalyn as a stand alone procedure or in conjunction with the Lift. Here, physicians will harvest fat from the abdomen or thighs and then inject that volume in areas of the face that have a volume deficit. Lifestyle Lift physicians are trained in the most current techniques for performing these transfers.  When injected into those parentheses, the results greatly can enhance the Lifestyle Lift results. Good luck.

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Parenthesis lines are not helped by lifestyle lift

+1

For these I have used very successfully fat graftingby a  technque called "undercutting" where a 18 guage needle is used under the skin to break the attachmentsto the skin then filled with micro fat droplets..I then after 3 months healing use fraxelating co2 laser   or even better dermabrade them..

Richard Ellenbogen, MD