Dislike my Nose...what Type of Nose Shape Fits my Face?

My nostrils are huge and the tip of my nose looks like a ball. I feel unattractive at times because of this. I have yet to see anyone with a nose like mine except the early michael jackson. However I do not have a bump in it. The only problem is the size of my nostils and tip of my nose. What would fit properly to my face? And how much would it cost? 

Reducing nostril size and refining the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to reduce the size of your nostrils with an alar base reduction and refine the nasal tip with an open rhinoplasty.  Use of computer imaging software allows us to give the patient an idea of the end result of surgery.  It also serves as a goal to follow in the operating room.  When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, an ethnic rhinoplasty with alar base reduction can yield a fantastic result while allowing the patient to maintain the distinguishing characteristics of their ethnicity.  In general, the cost for this procedure ranges from $12,000-$15,000 depending on the individual circumstances of the patient. My junior assistant Dr. Yoo generally performs the surgery for $7,000-$10,000. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question. 

Nostrils

+1

Excessively wide or flared nostrils can be reduced with a simple procedure called alar wedge resection, in which a crescent of skin is removed along the groove where your nostril meets your cheek.  It's a standard procedure which can even be done under local anesthesia and takes less than an hour.  The cost will vary mainly depending on what additional work is done on the nose at the same time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Dislike the Nose

+1

Hello!  A rhinoplasty can help you achieve many of your goals. However, the cost of rhinoplasty will vary according to the amount of actual work performed.  Your best option is to see several Cosmetic Surgeons and obtain a full consultation with reliable photos.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The best type of nose, for your youthful feminine face, is one that is sleek and refined.  From the photos you have a very low nasal bridge with a weak nasal tip that droops inward causing the nostrils to flare.  This happens because the nasal tip cartilages lack support.  An open Rhinoplasty with a conchal cartilage ear graft to define and add support to the nasal tip would be recommended along with building up the nasal bridge and narrowing the flared nostrils.  If you are under 18 years of age, please share this answer with your parents.

In searching for a Rhinoplasty Surgeon, IMHO it's most important that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  As you can see, there may be many different ideas and answers to what will make your nose more attractive but I believe hat there is a standard of beauty ideals with which to measure your nose and use as the model for improvement.  Hope this helps.

African-American Rhnioplasty

+1

You could get a nose that fits your petite face. Therefore, your nose has to be narrowed aggressively and this can only be achieved with alar repositioning technique. Look at the before and after pictures and good luck.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to reduce tip and nostrils

+1
The objective of a good rhinoplasty is to address the problems of each patient individually dependent upon their specific needs for the best aesthetic result. In your case refinement on the width of the tip and reduction of the nostrils would help achieve a desired result. I use a computer imaging in my office which allows me to show the consulting patient their proposed results prior to the procedure. This helps you visualize the proposed changes before surgery. A consultation with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon will be essential in determining the exact procedure to provide you with a natural result that is aesthetically pleasing to your facial features.

Michael Elam, MD

Nostril Reduction Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it would be easier to tell if you photo included more of your face, it is possible that the size of your nostrils is out of keeping with your nasal tip. Nostril reduction should solve the flaring problem and my guess based on this limited photo is that your tip may need to be projected and widened slightly. See a rhinoplasty specialist who will look at all your views and your entire face before recomending a definitive surgical plan.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to improve tip and nostrils

+1

Each rhinoplasty surgery is individualized to address the specific concerns of each patient. There are several techniques available that focus on defining and narrowing the tip and nostrils. In person consultation with an experienced surgeon is essential in deciding on the best procedure for you.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Nasal Tip reduction and Refinement

+1

All rhinoplasty surgery is individualized. You need reduction  in the width of the tip and the nostril flare to refine the tip.  The experience of your surgeon is critical in achieving a natural result, proportional to your surrounding facial features.

Discovering the nose that fits your face

+1

It is very typical for those interested in rhinoplasty to know what they don't like about their nose. And just like you, it is not always as obvious as a large nasal hump. Rhinoplasty to shape your tip, and reduce the flare of the nostril will improve things greatly. To see how much, computer simulation or imaging can be the answer to discovering the nose that will indeed fit your face. This exercise with your surgeon can enlighten you as to the potential changes and provide a visual trial of the new look. To start, before your consultation look for noses and features that you like in photos and bring them in with you. The computer can put these ideals to test on your photo and assist in exploring the 'best' nose for you.

peterejohnsonmd