Am I a Candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?

I don't know exactly what is wrong with it I just feel it looks awkward. Please help me and let me know if nonsurgical rhinoplasty is an option. I think my main concern is the bump and the fact that it droops a bit at the tip especially when I smile.

Judging by your photos, you appear to be a better candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery than Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. See Video.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. If your only concern was your bump, you could have filler injected above the bump to straighten the profile appearance of your nose. Adding volume above the bump will make your nose larger, and fillers will not improve the droopy appearance of your tip.

I have met many patients that just want the appearance of their bump improved, and don't want to undergo Rhinoplasty Surgery: even if my recommendation for an optimal outcome is surgery. I have performed non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures in many of these sub-optimal candidates and have seen very high patient satisfaction. In your case, I would show you with computer-imaging what to expect after surgery and after an injectable procedure, and have you decide.

My personal preference for non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. Based on your photo, you would likely require around 3 treatments for complete correction of your nasal profile.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ:

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty: not always a substitute for surgery.

+1

Dear "hunter79":

You are a pretty lady, and the photograph tells the story very clearly.  Your nose is shifted to the right undoubtedly due to a deviated septum - the vertical support that separates the left from the right nasal chamber. 

When the degree of crookedness is so great, fillers are not appropriate.  They are appropriate when there is a minor bow in some particular part of the nose or small area of depression, or divot. 

Incidentally, it would not surprise me that you would report having trouble breathing.  When the septum is as deviated as yours is, then typically, there is internal nasal blockage.

I suggest consulting with a surgeon who is very experienced in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the nose.  This surgery is never easy.  Please understand that it is impossible to warrant that any surgeon can deliver a perfectly straight nose.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty: Not a Rhinoplasty and Frequently a Bad Idea

+1

I would not, under any circumstance, advocate a "nonsurgical Rhinoplasty" based on the photos shown.  In fact, there aren't many circumstances where "fillers in the nose" are a great idea.  Since you will probably be able to find someone eager to do it for you, be very careful!  See an experienced Rhinoplasty specialist in Miami instead.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler injections in nose not recommended

+1

We do not recommend injections into the nose due to previous disasters we have seen from other offices.  It is best to undergo a routine rhinoplasty hump reduction and have the depressor septi muscle released so as to give a balanced look to the nose.  

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Non-surgical rhinoplasty for a bump on the nose

+1

Non-surgical rhinoplasty works best in patients who need to fill in a groove or depression. It is not helpful if there is a bump that needs to be reduced or if there are problems with a droopy nasal tip. Unfortunately, in your case, you would be best served by a surgical procedure to bring down your bump and improve your tip.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty - Los Angeles

+1

Hello and thank you for the question. 

Based on your photographs, you would be best served with a traditional rhinoplasty, which would include a dorsal hump reduction (bony and cartilagenous) as well as correction of your tip ptosis (droopy nasal tip). 

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is best reserved for patients that have mild nasal shape and/or symmetry issues following a primary or revisional rhinoplasty, whereupon the small corrections using a filler add to the overall effect of the surgical procedure. 

My recommendation is you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplastic surgery. 

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/nose-job-beverly-hills.php

Surgery vs nonsurgery rhinoplasty

+1

I believe at your age that a surgical procedure would give you the best result.  Injectables may produce an improvement in some of the concerns but you may burn bridges and complicate future surgical correction with certain injectables.  See a board certified Plastic surgeon to evaluate your nose internally and externally prior to any injectables.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS Plastic Surgeon.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty not for every nose

+1

Thanks for the excellent pictures. I would not recommend non surgical (or surgical) augmentation for strong slightly humped nose in a female. You should have a reduction rhinoplasty in my opinion.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

NO

+1

If you want your nose to look better for the rest of your life, get a rhinoplasty by a qualified plastic surgeon. Injections of foreign substances into your nose may work for small issues for a short period of time. For permanance have the right thing done.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

A non-surgical rhinoplasty may temporarily correct the hump, especially between your eye's. However, it would not correct the droopiness of your tip. It may be a easy first step to see what your nose could look like with a full rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.