Would I Benefit Better from Having the Tip Done or Would I Need More?

I have had many plastic surgeries on various body parts, but I want to have my nose fixed now. I hate it so much, it is so big. What do you think? I have a consultation on Friday, but I want opinions...

Rhinoplasty options

+2

A rhinoplasty is one of the most powerful procedures available to improve a person's appearance and facial harmony. It is important for you to determine which aspects of your nose you would like to change. I agree that the tip of your nose can be improved. A profile picture would be necessary to determine further corrections. Imaging simulators, such as the Vectra 3D system can aid in visualizing the changes in three dimensions. From El Paso.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or tip alone depends on balance and proportion

+2

Just like in decorating, a change in one aspect of a room can throw the whole room off. Rhinoplasty can work the same way. As the tip is changed, narrowed, projection altered, it can fall out of balance with the bridge, or the base of the nose. Tip rhinoplasty alone is often effective, though sometimes not, for very subtle reasons. The lighting in your picture does not flatter so more information is needed to tell the real you. Either way go for what is needed, don't stop short if a complete rhinoplasty is best and you won't regret it.

peterejohnsonmd

Tip rhinoplasty vs. complete rhinoplasty

+2

If the tip is bulbous and the remainder of the nose is perfect (with the anticipated new tip), a tip rhinoplasty may be just the right thing.

However if any other parts of the nose are not correct, why not address them at the same time as the tip, and have one single recovery time?

Brent Moelleken, MD

Rarely is "Tip Plasty" the Only Necessity in a Rhinoplasty

+2

For effective nasal shaping and based on your photo, you would benefit from bridge work to establish clearer and more refined dorsal (bridge) aesthetic shape. The balance between the nose bridge from where the nose begins taking shape (between the brows and under the forehead) to the base (at the level of the nostrils) is delicate and usually required a full rhinoplasty for optimal and natural aesthetics.  Do not try to take short cuts and go with a surgeon who undertands this balance and does not take short cuts him or herself.

Always choose a board certified rhinoplasty expert.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Rhinoplasty Where Only Tip Work is Performed

+1

It is a personal decision as to what aspects of your nose you would like to improve. Individual circumstances would determine whether or not you are a candidate for having tip work only, as in some cases it may be necessary to have additional work performed. An examination would be necessary to best address your needs. In many offices, computer imaging software is present. This allows you to morph a photo of yourself and generate an image that depicts the potential outcome of your surgery. The photo may be adjusted as necessary, and will serve as a goal for your surgeon to follow during surgery. Working with the image and speaking with your surgeon is a great way to determine what you would like to achieve with your surgery. Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Complete versus limited rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to tell from one view whether or not you need your tip or the entire nose addressed to give you the result you are looking for. Certainly, it is more common to address the entire nasal complex but if other areas are acceptable, maybe minimal or no changes are required. You may also want to get several opinions to determine what you are looking for to get the best result.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty VS Full Rhinoplasty

+1

Regarding: "Would I Benefit Better from Having the Tip Done or Would I Need More?

I have had many plastic surgeries on various body parts, but I want to have my nose fixed now. I hate it so much, it is so big. What do you think? I have a consultation on Friday, but I want opinions
..."

It all depends on the kind of nose you would like to have. Your surgeon should not be the one picking a nose for you - you should tell him what you like and dislike and based on that information he will put together the changes you requested.

Based on your rather poorly lit, frontal photograph, you have a bulbous tip which could be reduced and refined. The tip can be raised, lowered or derotated based on your likes. The nose can be made less wide as well. It is all up to you. See a good Plastic surgeon and together you can explore what is possible.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Rhinopalsty request

+1

It is difficult to assess your nose from just one view with not the best lighting. It is best for you to see how your consultation goes and what the doctor recommends based upon your concerns.

What type of Rhinoplasty do I need?

+1

It is difficult to appreciate your particular needs from this photograph, but overall you lack definition and shape to your nose.  Your bridge seems to be more flat in its appearance and the tip more bulbous.  Thus, reshaping the nose would be to your benefit.  Adding height to the bridge requires additional cartilage and this is frequently through the use of your rib.  All of this should be discussed with your surgeon and there are a number of great surgeons in your area - visit with Drs. Jack Gunter and Spencer Cochran for an in-person consultation - they exclusively specialize in nasal surgery.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty: Tip

+1

Rhinoplasty is not just making a nose smaller, larger or straight - it is about creating facial harmony. From the photo the tip of your nose looks larger than the rest. Is this because you have a large tip, a deficiency in your dorsum, or in greater probability - both? Only a full consultation with the opportunity to review your nose from all perspectives will be sufficient to address cartilage, soft tissues and bone. Ultimately, the result needs to be one that creates facial harmony, does not impair nasal breathing, and represents your wishes.

Best regards,
JMR

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS