Dislike my Nose. It's Quite Narrow and Isn't Very Shapely. Also There is a Bump on the Bridge.

Is there anyway to flatten out a nose sightly? Thanks.

Narrow Nose with Bump on Bridge

+1

A narrow nose with a bump on the bridge can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Over the past 35 years I've found that every nose is different. Select an experienced surgeon whose results you like.

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you have a bump and want the nose a bit flatter, you may not need osteotomies when this bump is taken down. It is best to go for a consultation.

Flattening out the narrow nose

+1

You can have your hump reduced and the narrowness improved through rhinoplasty. Computer imaging is often helpful to give a clear indication of just what 'a little off the top' means and a visual check on what both you and your surgeon might have in mind for the best aesthetics and balance.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, the bump can be rasped down slightly which would remove the most narrow segment making the nose appear more wide...this is if indeed this is the aesthetically appropriate plan of action as there are no pictures, of your nose, to evaluate.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty - flatten a nose slightly

+1

Yes, this process is called dorsal hump reduction or simply removing the hump.  The process will leave behind a flattened out bone structure that may require that the bones be pushed together from the side to avoid leaving the tops of the bones visible.  If the bump on the nose is less than 2-3 mm than the additional pushing of the bones is not required however if the bump is large, then pushing the bones together is routinely done to avoid what is called an "open roof" deformity of the bones.