Disfigurement and Dents, Lumps After 8 Months of Smartlipo (Female, 36)? (photo)

I went for smartlipo for ab, thighs and arms. Arms were ok. but, abs and thighs are disfigured badly. Now, I am left with lumps and dents on my ab and disfigured thighs (dent and curved thigh) even after 8 months. When I complained about the same within 3 months, My doctor repeated the same smartlipo surgery on ab and thighs within 3 months of first surgery. Pls help me with solution. I just want natural looking beautiful and even skin that I had, back.

Revision SmartLipo

+3

Thanks for asking the question!  Contour deformities are the most common visible complication following any type of liposuction regardless of the skill level of the surgeon.  The abdomen is especially prone to such deformities, but the other areas of concern for you are typically not areas of concern for most board-certified plastic surgeons.  I suggest you seek another consultation from a different board-certified plastic surgeon to get another opinion.  Best wishes.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Follow up with your surgeon

+2
After Smartlipo you will be swollen and bruised for the first few weeks, this will eventually go away and you will notice a contour in your body shape. Continue to follow up with your surgeon to be sure you are healing correctly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart lipo

+2

Sorry to hear you are dissatisfied.  Unfortunately, the biggest risk with lipo, smart or not, is contour irregularities.  They also occur more frequently on the abdomen than other areas.  From your photos, I think you were a better candidate for a tummy tuck than lipo.  You can still have a tummy tuck done and it will smooth out the skin much better than lipo.  Unfortunately it is a longer operation and recovery. Also there is a long scar involved.  But if you want a flat tummy, that is what you need.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Management of Abdominal and Thigh Irregularities After Two Liposuction Procedures

+2

There are many factors that contribute to the final contouring results from any type of liposuction procedure. One of the very important factors is the quality and elasticity of one's skin. Loose or inelastic skin will not respond as well as one would like when the underlying fat support is partially removed or diminished. Any unevenness in the fat removal process will be magnified when loose overlying skin exists before the procedure. Having been through two liposuction procedures and having uneven results, it is first important that you do not jump back into another procedure for at least one year after the last procedure to give the tissues time to completely heal and stabilize. Further improvement may be possible with a combination of spot liposuction and fat grafting to try and even out some of the irregularities. But the reality is that you will not be able to get back the completely even skin that you once had. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction and results

+2

I think in order for you to have a proper evaluation for possible correction of your issues, you will need to go for a consultation.