Discounts for Breast Implant Replacement?

I had Breast augmentation done a couple of months ago and realize I went way too small. How long is it good to wait until I have the surgery again? Also, do doctors give discounts for this?

Breast implant replacement discount depends upon the practice

+1

This happens once in a while and some practices do discount the surgery for repeat clients. Why not ask?

Best Regards and Good Luck.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Minimum 6 months and no discount

+1

Choosing implants that are too small is unfortunate. This is usually the result of poor education on the part of the doctor. With that said you can still get the implants you want. I recommend waiting at least 6 months before you have them changed. I don't usually charge as much for this second surgery as it is easier than the first. So maybe your surgeon won't charge as much.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Wait 3-6 months

+1

It is always good to wait until you are totally healed before considering revision. If the size is too small and you were heavily involved in that choice, you will probably need to pay substantially for that revision. If you had little to do with the choice, your doctor will probably cover more of it. Sounds like you were involved in the choice so all you can do is ask your doctor about his or her revision policies in this situation.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I would wait 6 months at least.

+1

It might be psychologically better if you waited to be sure that you really want to go bigger. Surgery is a big decision, and you may still get complications! I would like about 6 months to a year for the tissues to mature before re-operation if at all possible.

Each doctor has his or her own policies.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Revision augmentation

+1

I prefer that may patients wait at least 6 months before having a revision for a change in size. You have to allow for the healing process and for swelling to subside. In terms of fees for the revision, that is surgeon dependent. I usually have paitents pay a facility fee and for the new implants. I usually do not charge another surgeon's fee.

Wait 3 months

+1

When I have a patient who wishes to either go larger or smaller immediately after breast augmentation, I try to persuade them to give it 2 to three months before committing to a size change. It can take time to adapt to your new body image and not feel that the implants are something foreign on your chest. As far as discounts, I recommend you return to your original surgeon. He or she would likely empathize with your plight and give you a discount.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD