Discontinue Acne Medication Before Mixto?

I am on Minocycline (50mg bid), as well as a daily cream (2% clindamycin/0.25% hydrocortisone in a nutraderm base). Do I need to discontinue the pills and/or cream prior to Mixto treatment? Also, how long after Mixto should I wait to use it again? The Dr at the consultation mentioned that hydrocortisone thins the skin, is this a concern for Mixto? Thanks

Ask your physician about meds while being lasered

+1

Yes, it is true that hydrocortisone can thin the skin and chronically even cause acne.  In addition, it can impair wound healing in some circumstances, thus I would recommend that you ask your physician performing the Mixto procedure whether you should stop taking your topical meds.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon