Discomfort from Sports Bra After Breast Reduction

The sports bra is causing me a bit of discomfort. It is not tight but just touching my nipples and scars is aggravating. Is there anything I can do about this?

Breast Reduction and Bra?

The use of a soft pad between the hypersensitive areas and the bra  should help.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Bra and sensitivity

If your bra is uncomfortable, you may wan tto put some padding inside or talk to your doctor about what else you can wear.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Sensitivity of nipple and scars after breast reduction

hypersensitivity of scars and the nipples after reduction mammplasty is very common. I recommend use of a ABD pad to cushion the crease and protect the nipple.Typically the sensitivity is heightened somewhere between '10 days to 3 weeks.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Hypersensitivity after breast reduction

Some patients have numbness after reduction surgery and others may have excess sensitivity.  This resolves with time and massage and sometimes wearing a cotton T shirt under the bra or changing the bra helps.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Discomfort from sports bra after breast reduction

You should discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. He or she may tell you that you can discontinue wearing the bra, at least on a consistent basis. I use a bra to help minimize swelling shortly after surgery, but don't feel strongly about my patients wearing it consistently starting about a week after surgery.

If your surgeon still wants you to wear the bra, think about placing some padding over your nipples and scars, to minimize the hypersensitivity.

Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

9101 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231

Yes, Stop wearing that bra. Call your surgeon to discuss and get a larger on or softer one. These are issues that you should discuss with the operating surgeon.

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Discomfort after breast reduction

Sometimes patients experience hypersensitivity in the nipples after surgery. This is an unpleasant feeling when you touch the area or clothes rub against it. It is a temporary condition and usually goes away in 2-3 weeks. If it happens with my patients, I have them gently massage the area (use a littyle body lotion on the hands) of hypersensitivity to "desensitize" it. Scars can be tender as well and the same applies.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

11820 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA 98005