Discomfort 10 Months After Liposuction

I had liposuction on my abdomen about 10 months ago. It has been feeling great. However, the last few weeks, it has started to feel uncomfortable – kind of numbish and the skin feels like it is being pulled a little. Is this normal?

Nerve endings are healing after liposuction

+1

Of course, cannot be sure.  But it sounds like some little nerves are healing after liposuction, and that is causing strange sensations.  It should normalize in a few months.

It sounds like there is scar tissue forming

+1

From what you are describing and based on the timing, you may be noticing scar tissue formation in the deeper planes. i advise you to be evaluated by your doctor, after confirming diagnosis, you may consider massage of the scar tissue for the next 6-9 months. If not enough improvement is seen, it may be addressed by cortisone injection (very cautiously)

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and tingling after liposuction

+1

This is not typical and you may want to consult with your surgeon. It is unlikely that anything serious could be causing this but you should have it evaluated.

There are many potential explanations for this. It could be potentially be regeneration of nerves that occurs and is making you aware of the surgery. This is more common with ultrasonic liposuction and is a normal recovery event.