What to Do About Discolored, Under Eye Grooves? (photo)

I have bags under my eyes, but also have deep under eye grooves that are reddish. I had fillers about 10 months ago that I felt took care of the problem, but I saw someone new about 5 wks ago for a refresh and I didn't see much of an improvement. I'm not sure if the new person just didn't do a good job or if the problem has progressed beyond the help of fillers. In certain lighting (like in shops with overhead lighting) the grooves are very noticeable.

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty vs. laser skin resurfacing for lower eyelid discoloration - Los Angeles

+1

Under eye discoloration can be improved with Melarase creams and laser skin resurfacing. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Under eye grooves

+1

What you are describing is caused by the loss of fat volume as well as changes in the quality of your skin. Simply injecting filler will not treat the whole problem. I have had great results using ePrime to deliver radiofrequency to the deep dermis in a minimally invasive procedure. This stimulates your own skin to produce more collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. The result is thicker, more elastic skin with improved texture and contour. When paired with fractionated CO2 the results are spectacular.

In some cases a filler may be helpful to treat underlying fat loss. I would wait to see the results of the RF and CO2 treatments before deciding whether you actually need fillers.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Filters under eyes

+1

Based on your photo, it looks like you may benefit from filler in your upper cheeks. This will help smooth the eyelid-cheek junction and help reduce the prominence of the groove.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon