Discoloration from Burn, Will It Resolve Itself or Will Laser Treatment Be Necessary? (photo)

I burned myself 3 weeks ago resulting in superficial second degree burns. The skin has healed in terms of texture but ive been left with light and dark discoloration. Will this resolve or will laser treatment be necessary. Thanks in advance

Melarase cream for dark discoloration on the skin

+3

Time to start using Melarase AM and Melarase PM to lighten the dark discoloration of the skin after trauma.  I recommend these topical creams to my patients for discoloration. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Probably will not scar

+2

If the texture of you skin is the same, then by definition there is no scar. The discoloration should improve although it might takes months. Make sure to be generous with your use of sunscreen since this will help the discoloration go away faster.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Burn scar treatments

+2

It is hard to tell fully from a photo but there appears to be some minor scarring. There also appears to be some hyperpigmentation which may partially fade with time. Lasers can help improve the appearance of the scar and possibly even out the color some more. Right now I would give it some time to see how much of the color just fades with the tincture of time. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon