I Have Discoloration (Dark Patches) on my Upper Lip. I Have Been Using the Flash and Go at Home?

Is the discoloration permanent? Should I stop using the flash and go? (I am getting really great results)... What can I do. Looks like I have a hairless mustache!!

+1

This truly is one of the most common side effects with lasers, also depends on your skin tone and ethnicity, some patients tend to get hypersensitive to heat and sunlight after treatments. I would suggest stop using the home device and making sure to always apply your SPF, start going to a professional who has lots of experience with lasers and your skin type. Best of luck  

Discoloration from home hair removal device

+1

Home hair removal devices are extremely low energy which is why they can be sold for home use. However because of the low energy people will tend to overuse it and it can then cause issues like hyperpigmentation. I would definitely discontinue using it and would suggest you see a dermatologist. You may need a prescription like hydroquinone to treat the discoloration now. 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD