Discoloration and Thickness After Bi-lobe Flap Reconstruction Around My Nose?

Had bi-lobed reconstruction after mohs surgery 12 weeks ago. My nose is still blue and thick where the flaps were moved. After seeing pictures of several bi-lobed flap repairs mine does not look at all like any of them. I have three horizontal scars across my nose, starting at the bridge of my nose. My tip is no longer what it use to be. It is thicker and gives me a "bulbous" look. When can i expect my nose to look somewhat normal again. Also my nostril is higher on the side where the surgery too

Flap Changes

+1

Your first step is to have the surgeon that performed the procedure take a look at your healing and offer you some treatment options. What you describe is not uncommon and may simply be part of the healing process of a large flap. It can take 6-12 months to see the final result from the initial procedure though there are treatments that can be done to accelerate the healing.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Unsatisfactory Healing of Skin Flap after Mohs Surgery

+1

What you are describing is not uncommon after reconstruction.  I would recommend returning to your treating reconstructive surgeon for re-evaluation and discussion of revision options.

Discoloration After Flap Surgery

+1

Best option is to meet with your surgeon and discuss your options. Sometimes the flap or scar might need revision or steroid injection or dermabrasion. Meet with your doctor to discuss your options. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.emohs.com

Mohs Surgery and Flap on the Nose

+1

Reading between the lines it sounds like you had a fairly large skin cancer removed. The flaps were able to get the wound closed but not perfectly.

By twelve weeks you should be close to the final result. Now is a good time to make a follow up appointment to see what your surgeon thinks might need to be done. He or she will not mind hearing your concerns and suggesting options.

Almost always, a revision can be done that will improve the results.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon