Discoloration and Pain 6 Months After Revision Rhinoplasty, What Could Cause this? (photo)

I had a revision surgery last August due to a broken alar cartillage, with use of a septal graft; the medial crux has been trimmed. Few weeks after, during cleaning, a red patch has shown on skin above the trimmed place, and 2 months later an inflammation occured. After antibiotic treatment the swelling subsided, but the mark is now more visible and I've been experiencing stinging/burning pain since, which seems to increase as I regain sensation. I wonder what could be the cause of it?

Stinging, Burning, and Red Spot After A Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry for your current discomfort.  It is difficult from your picture to exactly see where the red spot is located.  With theses issue you are describing, there is not a clear cut answer.  There may be few sources of your discomfort:

1)  Reaction to a suture placed in your nose

2)  Inflammation

3)  Minor infection

4)  Other causes

Sometimes after a rhinoplasty, red spots can form on the nose called telangiectasias.  They are a collection of visible small blood vessels.  These can be treated with a laser treatment. 

I would encourage you to continue to see your surgeon to help you through these issues.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon