Discharge After Otoplasty. Is This Normal?

I had my otoplasty surgery 6 days ago , the pain is gone and the swellness is getting better day by day . But i still have discharge around my ears esp. After waking up . Is it normal ? Or should I consult my dr ?

+1

This can be normal but have your PS check it out. Sometimes wounds seep a little while healing and this can be part of the healing process. But you want to make sure there is no infection.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Discharge from the ear after ear plastic surgery | otoplasty

+1

This could be normal but there really should be no discharge after your otoplasty 6 days later. If it is foul smelling and cloudy | yellow I would think infection more. But this should be easily taken care of by your doctor.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Otoplasty

+1

Discharge from the incisions made for otoplasty may be normal for up to a week, as long as there is no swelling, redness or other signs of infection or hematoma.  Not knowing the details of your case makes it impossible to comment further.  Of course, your surgeon knows best, and any such questions should be asked by a phone call or at your next post op visit. 

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Discharge After Otoplasty

+1

A surgical incision is not water-tight for several days after the procedure.  Therefore, it is not uncommon to have some drainage from the incision for a few days to weeks postoperatively.  The application of a skin glue over the incision may diminish this drainage.  Without photographs, it is not possible to comment on your particular situation.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your operating surgeon.  He or she knows the specifics of your original procedure and therefore provides the best resource when discussing the results of your surgery.