Disappointing Botox Brow Lift Result - Can This Be Fixed, or Am I in for 3-4 Unpleasant Months? (photo)

I tried the Botox lift for the 1st time 8 days ago. The lateral part of my brow is now lower, and I can't raise my brows as high as I used to. When I do, my forehead looks oddly dented, and one brow drops down and gives me a strange, confused look. When I do not raise my brows, they look very flat and masculine, and my eyes appear puffy, "sad" and hooded. Had hoped for a nice arch. (29 yrs, female. 20 units injected, approx. as shown in photo) Will be going back. Can this likely be corrected?

Botox and results

+1

I would suggest following up with your provider - it's difficult to determine exactly what's going on with your treatment without seeing you in person, thus hard to make a suggestion. Fortunately, Botox wears off and this isn't permanent.

Eyebrow position

+1

Botox can be used to obtain the look you want. Unfortunately now, you will have to wait about 4 months for it to wear off.

Botox and eyebrows - consider Ultherapy

+1

Botox can be used in expert hands to give either effect - lower or raise eyebrows. In this case, you are going to have to wait 3-4 months. I think you should opt for nonsurgical eyebrow lift which is FDA approved called Ultherapy - when this Botox effect wears off.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Disappointed with Botox to brow

+1

When the forehead is injected across, it can sometimes cause the brows to flatten out, especially when the Botox is injected too low. Additionally, because everyone has asymmetry, this means that the muscles underneath can also be different, so it's not uncommon for one side, your right in your case, to have a more profound outcome than the left. While you could have some more injections to try to lift the brow, I really might caution this might make things worse. By injecting between the brows your injector could try to drop that a bit to create more of an arch for you, but it could look even more strange. It might be best to wait this one out. If you can find someone in your area with a machine that has galvanic energy - there are newer facials on the market that have this - or a machine called the PanGerminal System. These have galvanic energy probes that can be placed on the brow and into the forehead area. An experienced technician can help those muscles regain strength and counter the effects of the Botox in that area. You have do the treatments 2x per week, but it can really help fix it. I do this for a lot of people that come to me with Botox issues from other injectors.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox Browlift Results

+1

Hi Sunny.  It does appear that your right eyebrow is lower and heavier than the left.  This would indicate an injection that was done in a less than ideal manner.  

You can request a checkup with your injector to discuss the issue or wait 4-8 weeks for it to wear off. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Disappointing Botox Brow Lift

+1

The good news about the effects of Botox is that they gradually wear off. If you had the horizontal lines of the forehead injected, it is not uncommon to see the brows come down a bit and look heavy, especially if the injection sites were low and too far out to the sides. This heaviness will subside and should get slowly better each week that passes. Injecting Botox in the vertical lines between the eyebrows and the crows feet by the eyes, may help elevate the heaviness of the brows as these two muscle groups are responsible for pulling the brows down, thus relaxing them may allow for the brows to elevate.

Ronald Caniglia, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox browlift

+1

Normally a Botox browlift is done with injections in the approximate areas you have marked. You must have had injections higher on the forehead as well which resulted in difficulty raising the brows and the dents you mentioned. This unfortunately also works against the intended lift. You may have to wait this one out.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Disappointing Botox Eyebrow Lift

+1

You have experienced one of the problems associated with a chemical brow lift. Although a surgical brow lift i a more involved procedure the results are more predictable, dramatic, and permanent. I suggest you return to your injector.

Botox brow lift

+1

Its hard to tell from your photos, but a botox brow lift should not stop you from raising your forehead. Its sounds like some botox may have diffused into the muscles which help lift your brows, causing your brows to droop. Speak to the doctor that did the procedure about your next steps.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Brow lift

+1

Dear Sunny,

To raise the brow with Botox, a small amount is injected under the tail of the brow.  I tell my patients to expect only a small 2-3 mm difference in elevation.  Maybe you had too much?  Also, as you are only 8 days out, I would wait a full 2 weeks for the Botox to be fully "kicked in" to assess your true result.  If you are unhappy with it at that point, follow up with your injector.  At the very least, it should all be gone in a few months.

Good luck

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon