Disappointed with Results? Splint Removed 2 Days Ago. (photo)

I got the splint removed 2 days ago and I'm REALLY unhappy with how I look. I had the surgery done to remove the hump on my nose and now that the splint is off (still have a tape on) the hump is smaller but it's still there. When I went to the doctor's consultation before the surgery, he showed me how my nose was gonna look post-op and it doesn't look like that. Is this due to swelling and will it get better in a couple of months, or are these is pretty much the final results? Thanks anyway!

Disappointed with Results? Splint Removed 2 Days Ago.

+1

Dear Aitana,

Thank you for your question and photo.  You are extremely early in your healing.  You have obvious swelling on the nasal dorsum.  This will go down over many months.  Be patient as your nose will evolve.  Follow closely with surgeon.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Swelling

+1

Dear Aitana:                                                                                                                      

Without pre-op photos it is difficult to be more precise. It takes one year to see the final result. After about 6 months you will get a good idea about the profile. Be patient and communicate any concerns with your surgeon.   Hope this helps.                                                                                        

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

+1

A before posted photo in the same view ALWAYS helps us compare! But only a week post op! Allow 6 months of healing 

+1

After a rhinoplasty it can take several months for the swelling to subside and you may not realize the final shape of your nose for up to 12 months. It is too soon in your convalescence to determine the final shape of your nose. Give the swelling time to evolve.

Computer programs that "morph" your appearance to show you what your nose may look like after surgery are a counseling tool and not a guarantee of outcome. The computer cannot take into effect the physical properties of your skin and nasal cartilage; nor can it account for post-operative swelling. 

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon