Very disappointed about my boob job.What can I do about it?

Hi there, I just went to surgery yesterday. i told my surgeon that I want 540 cc and my left breast smaller than my right breast and I wanted that fixed and make it look same size. Turns out they placed 410 cc to both of my breast and it still looks small and different sizes. I'm so upset and just keep crying about the job she did. She didn't follow the size I wanted and she didn't fix the different sizes of my breast. Help, what should i do about it?

Early dissapointment

+1
I am sorry you are experiencing sadness.  Please talk to your surgeon right away as I am sure he/she will shed light on the current situation.  Sometimes the body will not allow a lager size once you are in surgery.  Also, so many changes will occur over time you may be very satisfied once things settle and heal.  Secondary surgeries to change implant size are not terribly uncommon down the road if that is your ultimate goal .  Good luck.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

+1
I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Keep in mind, however that you are very early out of the surgery and that it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. Also, keep in mind that when it comes to breast implant size, some plastic surgeon “discretion” is necessary; for example, sometimes it is not possible to use the size of breast implant discussed without causing complications.  In other words, an individual patient's anatomy may dictate how large a breast implant can be used safely, without “stressing” the patient's specific anatomy, and causing problems such as breast implant displacement/malposition, rippling/palpability of breast implants…  I would suggest that you exercise patience and allow for the healing process to continue. Then, if you remain concerned, discuss your questions/concerns with your plastic surgeon in a calm and constructive fashion. Only she will be able to specifically answer questions about the rationale behind the specifics of size/profile selected. Best wishes.

Asymmetry

+1
I would express my disappointment in a none confrontational fashion to my surgeon and after allowing a resonable amount of time for healing, ask her what she will do about it.  I personally avoid that type probelm by having patients agree to volumes prior to surgery particularly when there is an asymmetry and have them sign for the implants they are getting.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon