Disappointed in Lower Eye Lid Surgery? (photo)

Hi, I had my self a lower eye lid blepharoplasty done a week ago and I´m definitely not happy how the shape of my eyes changed. Now when the results appear I feel great regret about the whole surgery as I think that the shape of my eyes is not going to get any better as healing goes on. I know that one week is a very short time to asses the results but I think that the final shape of my eys is not going to change anymore. Is there any methods to get my eyes as they were before? THX

Good Result!!

+2

I am not really see a huge issue here. Thus far your result is excellent and can only get better.  The best advice I would give you is to discuss the specific issues with your current eye shape that bother your with your PS.  He/She can address each concern and hopefully reassure you at the same time.

Dr. ES

Results one week post op.

+1

First it looks to me like you have an excellent result.  Your eye shape does not appear to be appreciably different.  Furthermore, you cannot assess your result in the first week.  You need at least six weeks to approach the final result.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Lower lid blepharoplasty results vary

+1

depending on what technique was used.  It appears you have a healing incision along your lid.  Were other approaches discussed with you?  And if so, why did you not consider a transconjunctival approach?  Regardless, the bags are gone but if your eye shape is truly changing, you need to bring this to the attention of your surgeon. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Lower Eyelid Surgery Unhappiness

+1

At one week postop following lower eyelid surgery, you could not look much better.  You have slight resolving bruising and already you can tell a tremendous improvement in the bags of the lower eyelids.  Patients sometimes take time to get adjusted to their new look.

You appear to have an acceptable result only one week after lower blepharoplasty.

+1

You appear to have had a subciliary lower blepharoplasty with skin and fat removal. Your pre-operative lower eyelid "bags" are gone, and your incision will continue to lighten. I do not see eyelid malposition on either of your post-operative photos.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shape of eyes after blepharoplasty

+1

I think so far based on the photos, that youa re healing well. I would give it a few months to settle down before getting to fixated on the results.

And you may ultimately have an issue.

+1

However, as lower blephs go, this one looks actually very good.  You are very early and no one is going to put back the skin and fat that was just removed.  My advice is to try to relax and let yourself heal.  Once you are out about 2 months, you will be in a much better place to decide how you feel about the result.  By then, all the brusing and swelling will be gone, the pink incision line will have faded.  Let's face it, you have some nasty lover eyelid bags in the before situation.  Hopefully when the dust settles, you will have eased into the new changes and better able to cope with what you are seeing.

Time will improve things

+1

I agree that there is a subtle change to the shape of your eyes, in that they appear a bit more almond shape post-operatively.

However, I believe this to be an important middle step in creating a good final result. From the photos, its seems that you had fat as well as some skin removed.

Whenever skin is removed, there is a tendency for the lower eyelids to be pulled downward during the healing period. This can sometimes lead to a rounded eye appearance.

In order to counteract this tendency, sometimes the outside corner of the eye needs to be preemptively tightened. This temporarily creates a more almond [some would say more "asian"] appearance. This will tend to soften as a few weeks pass.

I think you are in the early stages of what will turn out to be  a very nice result.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon