Disappointed About Breast Augmentation Size?

I had BA 3 years ago. I'm 1,72cm tall (67inch), weight 59kg (130lbs), my ribcage is 77cm (30inches). I used to be A and now I'm between B-C. I wanted to be small D, my surgeon decided 330cc anatomic Sebbin implants under the muscle. I've never liked the result, I think they are too small for me. Also one of the implants is slightly rotated, around 45ยบ, and they are 5cm separated from each other so I don't have any cleavage. I'm so unhappy. If I redo, which implant size would you reccomend?

Getting Breast Augmentation Revision Right: The Implant is not the problem, it's the technique

+2

The problems that you describe are all too common.  The reality of breast augmentation is that most women have similar results and are simply not aware that there is a better option.  The most commonlyt used technique is the  "dual-plane" subpectoral placement.  this sets up the implants for lateral and inferior malposition.  The top of the breast has muscular coverage and because of the pectoralis major's origination next to the sternum, the implants are pushed away from midline creating the valley between them that you dislike ( I call this the Miami Valley based on the common augmented look of breast augmentations in Miami).  Because the inferior portion of the breast is subglandular,  there is no support and the implant tend to migrate toward the armpits then down.

For these reasons I do not perform submuscular or dual-plane breast augmentations.  I use a technique that I call "Cold-Subfascial Breast AugmentationTM" that overcomes the shortcomings of dual plane.  By leaving the muscle alone and precisely lifting the strong pectoralis fascia,  I am able to custom design what is essentially a living natural brassiere to support the implant within the breast.  Using this technique I am able to create beautiful natural appearing breasts that complement the individual patient's body.

I commonly revise patients in your position by converting them to the cold-subfascial plane.  In my experience this is the only way to repair the breast and create a long-lived beautiful result.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Breast implant revision sizing

+1

Is not possible to pick the exact implant without examining you. Measurement of the breast dimensions and looking at desired postoperative photographs will give most plastic surgeons a very good idea of what you require. In a revision, I think frequently depend heavily on photographs you selected and trial of temporary sizers implants at surgery to see what gets you closest to the photographs you picked.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Obviously every one is different, but with the info you have given, I would go with a smooth round implant, 425cc-475cc, which should put you in the large C to D cup range.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile to Achieve D Cup?

+1

Thank you for the question but it is not possible to give you precise advice online. You will do well by selecting your plastic surgeon carefully. Once you have done so, communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, I use goal pictures to help with this communication process.

I would also suggest that you do not use cup sizes during the communication process or as a measure of the success of the operation. As you know, cup sizes  will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.

Once this communication process has occurred, your plastic surgeon will be able to give you a range of breast implant sizes/profiles that will most  closely achieve your goals.  I think that online consultants can only provide you with a guess  that will not  necessary be accurate and/or helpful.

Disappointed about breast augmentation size

+1

I think the best way for you to approach this is to get a consultation from a plastic surgeon. Probably a different one if you feel that he did not listen to your desires.

Let the surgeon measure the base diameter of your breasts, and examine you. Judging by the information you gave, I would think that round smooth mod profile implants (which is my recommended style implant), in the 425-450 cc range would be ideal. I do not like to put in implants larger than 500 cc as I have found that bottoming out due to weight of implant can be an issue. There are sizing kits that can be used to show you how much more you need to add to give the look you want.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

How Much Bigger Should the Implants Be in the Revision Augmentation

+1

First, you may want to consider round implants as they do not have the rotational issues.  Second if you want to go up a little over a cup size you will probably need between 500 and 550 cc.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Disappointed With Breast Size

+1

It is difficult to give an opinion without the aid of pictures and at least a cursory knowledge of your breast dimensions. Having said that, cup size is more of an "guesstimate" rather than an actual measurement. Therefore using cup size as a determinant of breast size is not the best of reference point. Just think of when you buy bras. One may purchase 2 bras exact in every way down to the maker, but they will not usually fit the same. You might also have bras of differing sizes and makes that will fit well.

There are several techniques that you can use with your surgeon to help determine the best size for you (rice technique, gel sizers). In any case you will first need an in-person examination and a discussion of your goals to help chose an implant that will best achieve your desired look.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Disappointed About Breast Augmentation Size

+1

Hard to answer without photos and breast measurements. One thing you can do at home is a "rice test." Fill stocking with rice and use them to pad your breast until you find a suitable size. Wear a stretchable sports bra while doing this. With that info, you and your surgeon can help choose the best size to approach your goal size. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.