I Am Scheduled for Brazilian Butt Lift Feb 21st! So Un decided Whether or Not to Do Mini-tummy Tuck? (photo)

I gave birth to a beautiful little girl on 11-11-11, wouldnt change it for the world, but unfortunately I was left behind with some stretch marks on my abdomen. Not horrible but they are there. I am very undecided whether or not to do mini due to the fact I am not sure Im done with babies. I am in search of someone who has had bbl with lipo of abdomen (with stretch marks) and was happy with their results. I just dont know if my stomach will look like a deflated balloon....pics anyone????

BBL

+1

I would stage the procedures. Go ahead with the BBL first and decide on a full or mini tummy tuck at a later date

BBL and stretch marks

+1

I usually prefer to perform a tummy tuck after you have completed child bearing, that way the results are long lasting.  It might be best to hold off on tummy tuck for now.  Furthermore, a mini-tummy tuck is usually inadequate to treat stretch marks.  The treatment of stretch marks is a fully tummy tuck; a mini removes very little skin.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian mommy makeover and pregnancy

+1

Hello. A Brazilian butt lift combined with a tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck is called a Brazilian mommy make over. These procedures are routinely done and highly effective, however if you are planning to have children in the future additional surgery might be needed to correct any changes during pregnancy. It is a personal decision if you would want to wait or do the surgeries seperately.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Abdominoplasty for undecided patient to have more pregnancy

+1

The optimum time to cosider abdominoplasty/tummy tuck is almost a year after the last pregnancy. In the mean time to improve the abdominal contour and reduce strech marks, especially in cases ( like you ), you can consider liposelection/liposuction at the time of undergoing BBL.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal stretch marks.

+1

If you are wanting to get rid of the stretch marks you have to excise the skin that has the stretch marks. In your case you have a lot of stretch marks around your belly button and this skin will not be removed. When you pull the skin tight they will look better but not be gone. You skin will retract some with liposuction but this might make your stretch marks worse.  Ultimately you  might want a full tummy tuck to get the best improvement in your stretch marks.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy fat

+1

If you were done having children, a full tummy tuck would be your best option.  But since you are not sure it is reasonable to have a less extensive alternative. Lipo will not get rid of the stretch marks, but will reduce the bulge that you have to some degree, as would a mini tummy tuck.  You can always have a full tummy tuck after you are done with child bearing.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Abdominal skin stretch marks

+1
The photo of your abdomen suggest that you have diffuse stretch marks, moderate fat layer and significant abdominal muscle stretch.  Mini tummy tuck would not give you any significant benefits.  If you are unsure about having more kids, I would recommend an ultrasound liposuction and a skin treatment called "dermaroller" to further tighten your skin and improve the appearance of the stretch marks. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I Am Scheduled for Brazilian Butt Lift Feb 21st! So Un decided Whether or Not to Do Mini-tummy Tuck?

+1

You need in person evaluations to decide on the operation for you. You MIGHT be able to just have liposuction with BBL. But as stated you need ONLY in person examinations. 

Stretchmarks and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Although you do have stretchmarks, you do not have as much skin laxity as some, judging from your picture.  A physical exam would be necessary to confirm.   You may do very well with liposuction.  I would wait on skin excision until after you are no longer planning on having children.

Combining BBL and mini-TT

+1
Your photo shows bulging above the umbilicus so the mini-tuck is not the appropriate operation. You would benefit from a full tummy tuck but I would recommend that you defer this until after you have completed childbearing. Remember, plastic surgery is not one size fits all and must be tailored to individual needs and circumstances.

Robert L. Kraft, MD