Do You Use a Dipillatory Before a Juvederm Injection or After? Will It Affect Anything?

Do you use an upper lip dipillatory before or after a juvederm injection for lip augmentation?

Upper Lip Enhancement and Hair Removal

+1

I do not use a depilatory as a part of my lip enhancement procedure with Juvederm or any other injectable HA. I would wait one week following the injection procedure, at which time a depilatory cream, waxing, or laser hair removal treatment could be safely performed.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Depilatory before or after Juvederm

+1

I see no problem with using a depilatory  (Waxing, Laser hair removal) a week after the Juvederm injection.

I wouldn't recommend either procedure for  7-10 days before the Juvederm injection.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Juvederm and Hair Removal

+1

I do not normally use a depilatory before or after injecting Juvederm. If you wish to use one for personal reasons, you should wait for at least a few days after your Juvederm injection.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Depilatories and juvederm in lip area

+1

I would recommend using the depilatory a few days after the Juvederm.  If there is any reaction to the depilatory, like a contact dermatitis, the Juvederm session would have to be postponed as fillers really should not be injected through an area of rash.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper lip

+1

I see no reason to remove hair on the lip unless you have a full moustach. This an issue of sterility and I have never had a problem.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Juvederm for lip augmentation ad depilatory use

+1

I would avoid using a depilatory or waxing the upper lip area just prior to injections as both can cause a subtle swelling that may obliterate fine lines that you wish your injector to see and treat. Shaving the area just prior is fine. Once the treatment is complete, any of the hair removal options are absolutely fine. Enjoy!

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon