Dip in Nose After Rhinoplasty. Tried Silicone Injection But Didn't Help. What to do?

I had rhinoplasty over a year ago. There is still a slight bump and dip. My doctor has already given me one round of silicone injections to fill the dip (about a month ago) but I don't think it made a difference. I am supposed to go back in another 2 weeks to have another round of injections. Should I ask for a different treatment? Is a simple silicone injections going to fix this or does it need corrective surgery? Thanks!

Silicone Injection To Fix Nasal Depression

+1

Dear Kim,

It seems that your surgeon is approaching your case conservatively and that is a good thing; silicone may migrate from one area to another and its injection has to be performed by well experienced surgeons.

I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon to discuss alternative solutions. A possible corrective surgery may be necessary. But, without photos and physical examination it is hard to provide you with a definitive opinion.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Contour Depression After Rhinoplasty

+1

If one has a contour depression, one can certainly use a temporizing filler like hyaluronic acid, but one should not do permanent fillers like silicone or other long-lasting fillers as they may have a tendency to migrate as there is not enough subcutaneous tissue. Silicone injections have longterm significant complications with skin years after the use.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for improving irregularities following Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Silikon-1000 is an off-label permanent filler that may be used to improve a nasal indentation following Rhinoplasty Surgery. It is typical to require several treatments spaced at monthly intervals to achieve a desired result.

Feel free to re-ask your question with photos, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Silicone

+1

Ask your surgeon if nasal silicone injections are FDA approved.  Regardless of the responce, silicone can be very helpful with multiple injections, or could cause future problems.  Communicate nicely with your doctor.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump and depression after rhinoplasty- how to fix.

+1

hard to goive you a good recommendation without the photos.  Silicone should work for correction of minor depressions, so maybe not enough was injected first time arounf and you should consider repeating the injection. For larger defects, a revision surgery may be needed. Post your photos and I will try to give you a better advise.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD