Dimpling and Rippling After Hips Liposuction, Does it Need to be Retouched?

I am 26 year old woman.I had hips liposuction 4 month ago.I am still suffering of asymmetrical shape in both hips and irregularities of the skin,I feel there are nodules, rippling and dimpling in the affected area which still very dark.I also feel numbing in both side of hips my surgeon said "retouch" and "fat granting" may be needed in my case.I'm totally afraid of it, Any chance I get a good result without any retouching?Is 4 month enough to think of reshape or should I wait?Is retouch danger

Contour problems after liposuction may require correction.

+1

4 months is usually enough time to see close to a final result from liposuction and your results aren't likely to change much with additional time.  If you have areas which are asymmetrical or irregular, the first place to start would be with your surgeon.  If you feel comfortable with your surgeon, ask if  the touch ups could be done at no charge.  If you wish to gather additional opinions, see other board certified plastic surgeons in your area and see what they suggest.  Touch up surgeries tend to not be as invasive as the primary surgery so recovery may be faster. 

Lumpiness after liposuctin

+1

liposuction can sometimes leave behind rather asymmetric shape of body, lumps, hard areas, localized numbness and untreated areas. these results can be improved with either a touch up lipo or perhaps with time. it would be best if you can have a consultation with your surgeon and express your concerns. I usually call my patients back 6 weeks after liposuction and go over any areas of asymmetries and touch up those areas. the touch ups in my practice are free of charge.  

Misbah Khan, MD

Fixing bad liposuction results.

+1

Unfortunately liposuction sometimes results in unsatisfactory contours, textures, or symmetry. After four months usually most of the expected side effects have resolved or decreased.  Usually by now you are seeing close to the final result.

Yes, you may require some touch-up work to make the appearance better.  This is where you need to be careful, though.  Make sure your surgeon performs hundreds of liposuction cases a year so he or she can perform the even harder revision.

In my Salt Lake City, Utah plastic surgery office I perform a high volume of liposuction cases.  Even though I feel like I am an expert and am very careful with my work occasionally a patient experiences less than optimum results. Revision liposuction and fat grafting is much harder to get right than the first procedure, so make sure your surgeon is an expert.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon