Dimpling After Liposuction: Don't Want to Lose Smooth Skin

Will my tummy and hips look different like a dimpling skin after laser liposuction ? Now I have absolutely smooth skin. I'm 5'7" 135 lbs , but a lot fat on the stomach . Thank you.

Expect Smooth Skin after liposuction

+2

Although it is possible to have dimpling after a liposuction procedure, it is rare and highly unlikely when done by an experienced and skilled surgeon. During your consultation you should have discussions about the areas that need fat reduction and other possible areas that would also enhance the overall result. 

The procedure itself, liposuction or smartlipo or some combination of both, should be done such that it reduces and sculpts the body without extracting too much fat which could result in a dimpling of the skin. Your skin will contract and tighten in the 2-3 months  post-liposuction and this is also helps avoid sagging or irregularities.  

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction

+1

Liposuction does not mean you will have smooth skin after a procedure.  The more fat removed, the higher risk of dimpling.  With carefully selected goals, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you can have minimal risk and reasonable goals met.  No surgery is without risk.  If you want a 100% guarantee, this is not for you.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lessen the chance of dimpling with liposuction see an experienced surgeon

+1

No surgeon can guarantee you won't get irregularities after any type of liposuction, whether laser-assisted or conventional, but experienced surgeons have less chance of causing the depressions.  Some patients with preoperative irregularities might have a higher chance of developing more depressions.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Technique crucial

+1

Although skin irregularities and "dimpling" are known complications after body contouring, they  can be minimized by careful technique.  I also believe that laser assisted liposuction in conjunction with traditional liposuction decreases contour abnormalities as it allows better sculpting.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon