Dimples Around Knees After Liposuction

I had lipo done above my knees to get rid of the creases that started forming there about 2 years ago. It looked like a slight "overhang" above each knee toward its inner side. I'm 27, 5'7", 133 lb, workout regularly.

The doctor said the procedure would take out small fat deposits and skin will tighten by itself eliminating the wrinkles above knee caps. The procedure was done in-office with local anesthesia, removing 27cc's on one side and 30 on the other. I now have a dimple on each side from the procedure. Will they go away by themselves and when?

Postoperative dimpling after liposuction

+1

The dimpling after liposuction can often be corrected with secondary procedures.  However, you should wait several months to see the results after swelling has subsided. 

Dimples on knee

+1

It is hard to say without examining you.  DImples may be from the liposuction approach sites, or from the liposuction itself.

Should not have dimples after liposuction of the knees

+1

I am sorry to tell you that I don't think this problem after liposuction will go away.  Wait six months.  Then I think you will need more liposuction and/or fat injections.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Knee dimples after liposuction may go away.

+1

Wait at least 3 months and if the dimples are still there you may want to have the surgeon fill them with fat from another area of your body. 

Dimples around the knees after liposuction

+1

I'm not sure when you had your procedure, but there is a small possibility, that if it was done in the last month or so, that slight swelling around the area makes the dimples appear greater in depth now. As the next six months or so, pass, there may be improvement. If not, fat injections may make you more happy with your appearance. See your surgeon and ask him or her to evaluate this.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction around knees

+1

It is generally not a good idea to liposuction areas that have skin laxity. Most liposuction techniques do not tighten skin and generally speaking make it worse. If you have significant depresions, fat transfer may be beneficial.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Dimple after liposuction

+1

Dimples due to liposuction incisions are common and occasionally take up to 6 months to improve. We typically advise massage to mobilize the scar and diminsh the potential for a tethered scar. However, your surgeon may have other recommendations.

Liposuction around the knees is difficult

+1

Although many patients ask for liposuction in this area, I tend to avoid it for the vast majority of patients. There is really not that much fat there and any irregularities tend to be very visible. There is no way to predict whether your dimples will go away, but I suspect that they may be permanent.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon