Has Dimple Like Hole in my Knee. After Liposuction Which Method Will Help? (photo)

Dimple scar after lipo

+2

A minor revision operation can correct this dimple scar. Best to discuss with your surgeon. Good luck. 

Knee dimple after liposuction

+2

This can be treated with scar revision, meaning direct excision and closure of the defect.  However, it is quite large and before returning to the physician who performed the procedure, this might be a good time to verify if he is board certified in plastic surgery.  Cannulae are quite small.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Small Dimple after Liposuction

+2

Thanks for your question. That is a little bit of retraction from the cannula site; it is not a big problem (ie, easy to fix). This is most easily taken care of by a small scar revision under local. I suspect your plastic surgeon will take care of this for you without additional fees. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Has Dimple Like Hole in my Knee. After Liposuction Which Method Will Help?

+1

An exam will be necessary to determine the appropriateness of a particular intervention.  One method to correct a dimple at the site of a liposuction scar is scar revision if there is no underlying fat paucity, necrosis, or atrophy.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

This is from the canula and can be revised. Either a scar revision or a small amount of fat grafting will work.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon