Dimple Creation Surgery and Cheek Implants at Same Time?

I was considering getting cheek implants and buccal fat removal or liposuction on my lower cheeks to look more chisled. What one is better, liposuction or buccal fat removal? Im in my early 20's and I don't have chubby cheeks but I want to have a high cheekbone model look. Also would it be ok to get dimple creation surgery at the same time or before or some time after?

Cheek implants and surgery to create dimple

+1

Be careful about performing dimple creation surgery. The dimples will be there both at repose and animation when surgically created. Most dimples that people have naturally are only present upon animation. Cheek implants are only performed in the area of the cheek to augment the entire cheek area. There is no reason to remove fat at the same time as performing cheek implants because it is counterproductive. It is not a good idea to remove buccal fat on someone who is in their early 20’s and perform cheek implants at the same time.

Buccal Fat Removal and Cheek Implants

+1

I am not a fan of buccal fat removal because it is difficult to achieve a signicant, natural result immediately after surgery and the long-term effect of future fat loss as part of the normal aging process. Cheek implants will improve cheek prominence and definition.

Dimple creation and buccal fat removal.

+1

I agree with what Dr. Persky said. In addition, dimple creation is fraught with asymmetry and an unnatural look. It should be avoided since it will be difficult to go back.

High Cheek Bones can be achieved with fillers

+1

One of the more common filler procedures in my office today is the augmentation of the cheeks, and cheek bone area using Radiesse or Perlane.

These fillers can safely augment the cheek bones, and improve the cheek bone area and also help you avoid risk involved with implants or other costly surgery.

I agree with Dr. Persky that you are probably not a good candidate for removal of fat in your face - and I too would only recommend this type of procedure to very few people. With some modification of your facial volume by adding to your cheek bone area, however, you may achieve the results for which you are looking.

The dimple creation surgery can be done at the same time as the fillers, and most of us would be able to do this in the office with local anesthesia!

Behrooz Torkian, MD

The exotic "look" of a model

+1

Your request, as I understand you, is possible without extensive surgery. I do not recommend liposuction in the face because of the delicate network of muscles and nerves interlaced in the facial fat. The results can be irregular and difficult to correct if not done to your satisfaction. Buccal fat pad excision is fairly simple and the resulting dimple will usually be positioned correctly at the "modiolus".

Your cheek enhancement can be artistically highlighted with injectable fillers in experienced hands to avoid the potential problems of malpositioned capsules around malar implants. Many injectables have the benefit of "reversability" that should be discussed when interviewing your surgeon.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Surgery of face

+1

Many patients are having temporary cheek augmentation with filler materials that need to be repeated every 9-12 months. Often times the follow-up treatments requires less filler material. You may want to try this out first before considering permanent implants.

Save the World From a Frightening Looking 40 Year Old, Keep Your Facial Fat in Your 20's!

+1

Hi Steph,

Save a frightening looking 40 to 50 year old, keep your buccal fat in your 20's! I would advise you to take a few steps back before you destroy your face. We have learned that volume is important especially in the face. Fillers are very popular today for that very reason. As we age, we lose volume. I would strongly advise you against all of the procedures that you have mentioned, work out and your 20 year old face will take care of itself.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD