How to diminish the itching underneath the steri-strips and surrounding areas?

This is my 2nd BR (last one 20 yrs ago). I'm post-op 10 days now but initially I had a severe reaction to the adhesive (welts that blistered over entire chest, back and torso area). The Dr has removed the dressing & I go back next week. I'm using an antihistamine to help but it doesn't relieve anything and I've tried a cortisone cream on the surrounding area but honestly, I can't sleep at night. 2 hours max per day because I'm so itchy,I feel like I've been bitten by a 1000 mosquito's!!!

+1

It may be that your doctor may be able to prescribe additional oral medication to help. Sometimes the use of short term oral (and in the event of severe reaction, intravenous) steroid medications may be helpful.