Different Shape Breasts and Areolas After Implants with Lift on One Side?

I had implants with a small lift on my right side, now 3 weeks post op and right side is a square shape at the bottom will this round, my areolas are diffrent shape the right one is pucked up and dinted at the bottom looks like has been cut of is this all normal will it stretch out. my surgeon has gone on holiday and im very worried please help

Different shape after implants and a lift

+1

Since the two sides had different surgery it is not uncommon for them to heal at adifferent rate. Allow the passage of a significantly more time

It is early and change will occur with time

+1

Thank you for the question.  I encourage you to upload some photos as the accuracy of the advice that can be provided will be better.  With that said, you will undoubtedly see additional changes with your breast and areola shape as healing continues beyond 3 weeks.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

3 weeks post implant and lift

+1

At three weeks it is a bit early to see the final results.  You need to give this 4-6 months.  Good luck!

Too early to worry

+1

Having undergone surgery 3 weeks ago, it is too early to tell what the final outcome in the appearance of your breasts will be. It can take months for the implants to settle. It can also take months for incisions and scars to flatten and heal around the areolae. Contour irregularities around the areolae can certainly occur with lifts. They usually smooth out as you continue to heal.

Thank you for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast asymmetry after implants and lift

+1

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in your post op course, and the breasts will change over time as the skin stretches and relaxes and the scars remodel. It sounds like you had some asymmetry before surgery, as most women do, and that your surgeon tried to correct this. When correct pre-operative asymmetry, it is possible to improve the breast asymmetry but not to make it go away completely. There will be some degree of asymmetry after, just less than you had beforehand.

In short, your breasts will need much more time to heal before the final result will be apparent. Give them some more time and see your plastic surgeon when he becomes available. 

In the meantime, hang in there.

Best of luck.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast implant and lift

+1

Hi, it was unclear whether you had breast implants and lift on both breasts or on just the right breast.  If you had implants and lift just on the right breast, I would suspect that you would have some asymmetry in terms of your breast shape and nipple areolar projection.  Even if you have gotten breast impalnts and lift on both breasts, you may have some degree of asymmetry as our left and right breasts are slightly different to begin with.  Also, it is too early judge how you would look in the future.  Implants settle down in their pockets over a course of 2-3 months; your breast shape will continue to shape for the next couple months.  Try to be patient and talk with your plastic surgeon about your concern so that she/he may allay your worries.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Different Shape Breasts and Areolas After Surgery

+1

Since it is only 3 weeks from your surgery, expect changes as the implants settle into place and the incisions heal. 

Without photos I cannot quite understand what you are describing in order to answer your specific questions. I can reassure that nothing is urgent hear, and encourage patience until you get to see your surgeon.

Thanks for your question. Consider posting photos. Best wishes.