Difficulty Smiling After Columella and Philtrum Augmentation

My friend told me that she had difficulty doing a full smile after a rhinoplasty with augmentation of her philtrum and lowering of columella. She is 3 months post-op and when she does a full smile ,only 3/4 of her upper teeth are showing, compared to how all of her upper teeth were showing pre-op. Can this be corrected?

After Rhinoplasty, May Take Months for Lip Muscle to Recover

Not usual for it to take 3-4 months for the upper lip and nose stiffness to abate.

I would wait several more  months. If not improved, re-consult with the surgeon and also get a second opinion from an oral surgeon ( DDS). They are very knowledgeable about this area.

-Robert Kotler,MD, FACS