I injured my nose. How Difficult Will a Straightening Rhinoplasty Be for a Crooked Nose Like Mine? (photo)

I would like to correct my nose's symmetry (nothing else). I injured my nose and have not had prior work done. How difficult would it be? Thank you for your time and I look forward to what you have to say.

Straightening Your Crooked Nose

+2

It is possible to straighten a crooked nose but you may not get perfect symmetry.  The procedure would involve disconnecting the the cartilages from the septum, straightening the septum, and then performing osteotomies to straighten out the nasal bones.  You may need some grafts from the septum to help straighten the septum and camouflage any irregularities.

Straightening a Crooked Nose

+2

Hi Earthling,

Your crooked nose can be straightened by rhinoplasty.  It will require creating osteotomies (cuts in the nasal bones) and bringing your nasal bones back to the midline.  The most critical aspect of your rhinoplasty will be making sure that you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Straightening a crooked nose

+1

Rhinoplasty can help improve the appearance of a crooked nose. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but improvements can be made. I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This also serves as a great communication tool, as you will be able to critique the image and give feedback. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

It should be able to be straighted

+1

It should be able to be straighted, but it will never be completely straight.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

straightening rhinoplasty

+1

To straighten this crooked nose would require medial and lateral osteotomies to reset  the nasal bones. A car cartilaginous spreader graft may be required on the concave side to give support and symmetry. This type of nose would be considered routine in our practice, and not as hard as a revision rhinoplasty.This  nose surgery could be performed with close rhinoplasty techniques

Straightening a Crooked Nose

+1

A crooked nose is different than an asymmetrical nose - for example, a nose may be straight but  have the paired tip cartilages with different contours. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will discuss your goals, expectations, and alternatives. 

Straightening a nose

+1

Straightening a nose after trauma is possible. I always tell patients that getting it perfectly straight is almost impossible, but making it straighter is.

Nasal Trauma

+1

Based on the photos you have provided, it appears that you nose is not too crooked and could be straightened.  However, the inside of your nose needs to be evaluated as well to determine if anything has been damaged and needs to be corrected.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Crooked noses require significant experience

+1
the good news is that your nose is not that crooked. that means it should not be very difficult to get a straight nose. the only issue you may have is that it seems like the skin on your nose is very thick so it will be very hard to get a lot of definition to your tip.

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

+1

You should be able to have your crooked nose straightened and more attractive if you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.