How Difficult is a Rhinoplasty to Fix Broken Nose? (photo)

I had a minor broken nose some time ago and I have consulted one surgeon. He said the septum is straight and the nasal bone has been fractionally displaced causing a slight indent in one side and a slide dorsal hump the other side where the bone was punched out. He said he would perform closed Rhinoplasty with osteotomies to reset the bones in their correct position. How hard would this be to do, no other work is needed. Is this one of the more complex parts or simpler parts of Rhinoplasty?

Correction of deviated and deformed nose after or without previous trauma

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.

Correction of deviated nose requires good deal of expertise, patience and persistance as well as surgical excellence from your surgeon. It can be done but requires dedication.

.

I would recommend that you would be seen by a nose specialist with passion for rhinoplasty.

Dr Sajjadian,

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

DrSajjadian.com

Rhinoplasty after broken nose

+1

Complex or simple really depends on the experience of the surgeon performing the procedure.  It is certainly possible to perform a closed rhinoplasty on the defect you describe.  Depending on the extent of the depression, you may or may not get complete correction with osteotomy alone.  If this turns out to be a problem then sometimes onlay grafts can help fill out this area.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How Difficult is Rhinoplasty Procedure?

+1

What your surgeon specified is a fairly routine procedure and, assuming he or she has the appropriate training and experience, your surgeon should have no problem getting a successful result for you.

Good luck!

Dr. A

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after fracture

+1

I usually wait at least 4 months after a nasal fracture to perform a rhinoplasty.  In your case it looks like basic osteotomies would do the trick.  Best of luck!  Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for broken nose

+1

Trauma to the nose can result in minor contour deformities or severe deviation involving the external bones and septum.  The deformity described above and illustrated in the photo does not appear to be difficult to correct for an experienced nose surgeon.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

How Difficult is a Rhinoplasty to Fix Broken Nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and while it is technically and aesthetically the most challenging plastic and cosmetic surgery procedure...yours, from the photo, does not appear to be overly complicated IMHO.  Hope this helps.

Nasal injury and rhinoplasty

+1

Prior to any definitive surgery, I would allow the appropriate time to allow all swelling to resolve.  Twitcher the closed or external approach would be acceptable to correct your problem.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Difficult is Rhinoplasty to Fix Broken Nose?

+1

In the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon your broken nose can be fixed and provide a natural result. While  I feel rhinoplasty is always a  difficult procedure I recommend that you consider the operation.