Would this be a difficult primary Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

My nose has never been damaged but despite this it is bent and has a hump on one side. I have no problem breathing through my nose and I'm happy with the tip and nostrils, all’s I am looking for is to remove the hump and straighten the nose. Unfortunately I am terrified of the surgeon doing a poor job and ending up with a nose that looks worse, I’m not looking for perfection but I do want it to be natural...I'm quite happy to have an open rhinoplasty if it means the surgeon can do a better job.

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+2
Removing the nasal hump and straightening the nasal bones are relatively straightforward procedure for a primary rhinoplasty. A spreader graft may also be required on the concave side. Consider a chin implant for  improved facial balance.

Would this be a difficult primary Rhinoplasty?

+2
The dorsum can be refined and the nose can be straightened through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Correcting a crooked nose.

+2
Any time you are correcting a crooked nose it would be a relatively difficult rhinoplasty and should only be done by a board certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience with noses.  It is highly likely that the septum is also crooked and needs to be corrected.  The dorsum needs to be smoothed down and the side walls need to be re-broken in order to straighten the nose.  These difficult noses are best approached via an open rhinoplasty technique.  Also I would recommend augmenting the chin with an implant.  Your chin is too receded and the facial balance would look much better if your chin profile was brought forward.  Dr. Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon