Why is It More Difficult to Lose or Maintain Weight After Tummy Tuck?

I am wondering why it it harder to lose or maintain weight after a tummy tuck..

Tummy tuck and weight

+1

It may seem that way but it really shouldn't be the case. Maybe now that that areas looks better, the others don't look as good. Unfortunately, keeping the weight off is difficult for all of us. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss or maintanence following tummy tucks may be difficult

+1

The  reasons are several. I think the biggest reason is that patients are not used to an extended period of inactivity. In other words if it takes you 2 weeks (14days) to heal from a tummy tuck, that certainly doesnt mean your going to the gym on day 15.It also shouldnt mean that your eating pizza on day two either. its important to remember that a gradual return to excercise begins with light aerobic work outs over a longer period of time and that maintaining a well balanced diet during this time is just as important.

We all want the "quick fix". We want to lose weight now, and look fit now. We need to understand that in most cases this is a gradual process. During the postop recuperative phases, eating right and maintaining a nonstrenous level of activity are important in the healing process. Water weight is present after surgery . Calories are burning faster after surgery with increased metabolic demand for wound healing. These issues actually cause one to lose weight. So in essence there is a fight to reach an equilibrium after surgey. It is a gradual process which is encouraged by consideration of  these issues

Weight and Tummy Tuck

+1
I have an extensive experience with Tummy Tuck and Body Contouring Surgery. A consistent trend among my patients has been a tremendous improvement in self esteem and body image which translates into a much greater willingness to diet and exercise. I have NOT found weight gain to be a common feature after Tummy Tuck surgery - to the contrary. The reverse is much more common.

Losing weight after tummy tuck

+1

This is probably all psychological.  There is no medical reason for increased difficulty in losing weight after tummy tuck.  Once you get over the initial healing and you resume your preoperative diet and exercise regimen, there should be no difference in weight gain/loss tendencies.  Good luck!