How Difficult is It to Fix a Pinched Bridge?

Hello, I got my first revision about 3 months ago to fix pinching, but the sides of the bridge is still pinched. The tip looks great but the bridge still looks pinched. Not as bad as before, but it is still pinched. How can this be fixed? Thanks

Revision rhinoplasty, structural and contour grafts

+1

A number of approaches can be used to improve the appearance of this "pinching" along your bridge (dorsum).  The best option as mentioned is probably with revision rhinoplasty with placement of spreader grafts - which will address the underlying collapse of your middle vault which is creating the pinched appearance.  Another approach, which is reasonable if nasal obstruction is not a major complaint, is to camouflage the depressed "pinched" areas.  This could be temporarily with a dermal filler, or more permanently with a cartilage graft - either an onlay graft or diced cartilage.  

Persistent bridge pinching after prior rhinoplasty

+1

Without seeing your nose it's hard to say what the best treatment is for your nose. Typically pinching of the bridge is treated with spreader grafting to help widen the area.

You can read more about spreader grafts in my link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

If your bridge is still pinched after complete healing it can be slightly widened with a spreader graft. These can be placed either through an open or closed approach. In the meantime, dermal filler can be used to temporarily improve the contour of your nose as it heals. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depending on your condition, you may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure to widen your bridge.

+1

If you're concerned by a pinched appearance of your nasal bridge after revision rhinoplasty, it may be best to leave further surgery as a last resort. You may be a candidate for an injectable filler procedure to add volume to the pinched areas. My experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a Pinched Bridge

+1

Hi,

Without seeing your pics, I would say that spreader graft should fix this problem. This should be done through an open approach rhinoplasty to get the best cosmetic and functional result. This should not be difficult in experienced hands.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS