How Difficult Will It Be to "Fix" my Wide Asian Nose?

I have an Asian nose bridge that is too wide. Also, I wish to have my nose bridge curve more down and then out (my nose turns down slightly). Will it be difficult to achieve the smaller, more petite and thin nose that I want? Pictures of my nose are below. Thank you!

Asian augmentation rhinoplasty helps define the nose

+2

In Vancouver, where we have a large Asian population, changes of the nature you describe are quite commonly requested. Your requests are very reasonable and this if often what patients achieve with augmentation rhinoplasty (see the link below for more information). In your case, you will require some augmentation of your bridge in order to make it higher and appear more defined on your front view. It would look even more refined if the tip projected slightly more forward so that it appeared to project "out" from the bridge. This can be done through the use of tip grafts. See a surgeon who has much experience with Asian rhinoplasty and discuss these changes through the use of computer imaging.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty options

+1

It looks like you have looked at your nose and asked what (reasonably) you want to change.  Your requests are common in Asian patients.  Remember that you are not make out of clay and that some rhinoplasty cases can be a challenge for the most experienced surgeon.  Seek out a few experienced rhinoplasty surgeons.  Look at his/ her photos.  Interview them and see if your goals can be done.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Rhinoplasty for Asian Nose

+1
These are not easy cases, but done properly you could in fact achieve your goals-  increasing tip projection and upwardly rotating it, and narrowing of the bridge are two of the most obvious ways to achieve your goals.  I strongly suggest you spend some time looking at before and after photos of similar cases to make sure that you find a surgeon experienced in working on Asian noses like yours.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Your Asian Nose

+1

Your goal is similar to the aesthetic desires of many Asian patients we see here on the West Coast - you want a more projected, narrow  bridge and a refined tip. There are many techniques and combinations of procedures used to individualize your surgery.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Every plastic surgeon has a slightly different aesthetic taste. That is we all have a certain idea of what changes may look the best for our patients. I strongly recommend seeing a surgeon who has a computer imager to help demonstrate possible changes. This tool allows both the surgeon and patient to look at the same picture and come to a common understanding of the goals of the procedure. The imager is by no means a guarantee of the results, but it is reassuring to the patient to know what the doctor will be attempting to achieve. In ethnic rhinoplasty surgery, I have found this to be a very valuable communication tool.

To achieve a narrower more refined nose, I will use a either cartilage from the ear, or a silastic implant, depending on the patient's desire. Your nose needs alot of support in the tip area. I prefer using cartilage to achieve this.  

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Fix" my Asian Nose

+1

Thanks for the posting of your photos. Best to see a boarded surgeon in person for a FULL explanation on augmentation rhinoplasty. As to options of implants, self vs alloplastic. If fractures will be needed, tip revision. 

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, Asian rhinoplasties have allot in common with African American rhinoplasty. Typically patients want a higher, thinner bridge and more definition in the tip. There are several ways to achieve this result. I like to use a custom carved silastic implant, defatting of the tip and cartilage grafts to achieve this result. Ethnic rhinoplasties are certainly more challenging than Caucasian rhinoplasties so be sure to find a surgeon who performs ethnic rhinoplasty.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS