How difficult and what is involved in removing the hump and possibly how much it may be? (Photo)

I really don't like the hump on my nose, it has been confirmed I have a deviated septum as well. I was wondering how much it may cost and what might need to be done to get rid of the hump. Also how difficult the procedure might be, I know it's hard to tell from just pictures so I'm just looking for educated guesstimates.

Hump reduction

+1
Nasal dorsum reduction is very common in rhinoplasty and you do not present with an unusual situation so it can be done with minimal risk.  The key is to communicate with your surgeon how much of a hump reduction you would like.  A septoplasty can be performed a the same time as well as any tip work.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

The septoplasty and rhinoplasty are often performed together

+1
A complaint of a dorsal hump is perhaps the number one reason individuals seek out cosmetic rhinoplasty. Once a hump is taken down one needs to then narrow the nose by breaking it back into position with a procedure called osteotomies. Often times the tip needs to also be adjusted for the new height of the dorsum and certain endonasal procedure can be done to refine this area. In terms of the septoplasty, this is often done at the same time to correct breathing difficulty and also to obtain cartilage for grafting purposes. A consultation with a board certified surgeon well help answer your questions. Please ask to see before and after pictures of patients who may have had a similar nose shape and structure as yourself. Good luck to you!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining rhinoplasty and septoplasty to remove hump and straighten septum

+1
Taking down a hump is one of the most common things done during rhinoplasty. It also makes sense to straighten your septum at the same time if it is causing you nasal blockage symptoms. Insurance may be able to cover the septum surgery depending on what is going on there exactly. You can read more about bridge bump removal and see before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty are 2 completely different procedures done simultaneously

+1
A septoplasty is performed for obstructing cartilage and bone in the back of the nose that  is blocking air flow. The blockage is called a deviated septum. A septoplasty is performed  once medical necessity has been documented, and is then billed to the patient's medical insurance. Co-pays and Deductibles  will still apply.
The rhinoplasty procedure can involve shaving down the hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Decreasing the overall projection the nose could also be accomplished as well some minor tip adjustments, if necessary. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will also be required once the hump was removed. 
The rhinoplasty procedure and septoplasty procedure can be performed under one anesthetic and patients have one recovery period.
For many examples and our price list, please see the link below  to our rhinoplasty  photo Gallery 

Rhinoplasty for hump

+1
Dear Kits, thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump removal

+1
Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and septoplasty, such as the example in the link below.  You can get more details by visiting our website.

Sam Naficy, MD

Removing Nasal Hump

+1
In addition to straightening your septum and removing your hump consider refining your tip. These changes are routinely done in rhinoplasty surgery. Cost will vary between $6,000-9,000 and will be determined at the time of examination but the septal work to improve nasal breathing may be covered by your health insurance plan.

Septorhinoplasty for the deviated nose and bulbous tip etc.

+1
Septorhinoplasty for the deviated nose and bulbous tip etc. is $6-9000. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses.