Up-turned rhinoplasty, is there a difference?

I seen many before and after pictures of up-turned plastic surgery , but somehow I can't see a difference. I can still see the nostril in the after picture and the nose looks the same in the before picture after the surgery

+1

If executed properly, there should be a noticeable difference.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Upturned Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty procedure depending on how much cartilage is removed from the tip of the nose cause the nose to rotate upwards.  A small of amount of nostril and columella show is desirable as it gives patients a natural looking nose.

It is best to review rhinoplasty photos with your surgeon to understand what exactly has been accomplished with the surgical procedure, as rhinoplasty changes are often very subtle.

Thank you for your question.  Happy New Year to you.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Before and after rhinoplasty photos

+1
Sometimes it takes a trained eye to explain the results of before and after photos. Occasionally I have patients who cannot see the changes we have made with surgery, and I sit with them and review their before and after photos pointing out the differences. The changes are usually obvious to a trained eye, but if you don't know what you're looking for, it can be rather difficult. If you're contemplating nasal surgery, you may want to have computer imaging done before surgery. This way you and your surgeon can discuss the changes possible with surgery.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon