Difference Between Vaser Lipo and Ultrasonic Lipo?

What's the difference between Vaser liposuction and Ultrasonic liposuction? I am trying to decide which would be best for me. I am a very athletic young adult and I'm hoping not to be down for too long. Is the recovery shorter with the Vaser or the Ultrasonic? My plastic surgeon recommended the Ultrasonic. She said that my skin would have no prob rebounding, but if it means I'm down longer, I'd rather pay a little more for the Vaser. Please help.

Vaser Lipo and Ultrasonic Lipo

+1

Hi RAD,

First there was SUCTION ASSISTED LIPOPLASTY (SAL), which later became known as LIPOSUCTION.

When we ALL began using tumescent solution (filling the fat with an anesthetic solution containing adrenaline to minimize blood loss), liposuction became kown as TUMESCENT LIPOSUCTION. These days the term is mostly used for liposuction done only under sedation/local (even though tumescent solution is used with all liposuction).

After the introduction of ultrasound energy to break up fat cells in the early 1990's by Dr. Zocchi, ULTRASOUND ASSISTED LIPOPLASTY/LIPOSUCTION (UAL) was born. The fat of the broken up fat cells was then liposuction as before.

As UAL machines got better with time, SOUND TECHNOLOGIES from Colorado surged ahead with its VASER machine, a third generation UAL machine. I have been using it for years and am happy with its capabilities and the results it enables me.

Hope this helped.

Vaser

+1

Vaser is a type of ultrasound assisted liposuction. The Vaser equipment is made by Sound Surgical in Colorado and you can read about it on their website, www.vaser.com. Their equipment is designed differently than other ultrasound assisted lipo systems. They tout less pain, less swelling, less bruising, and smoother results. They also tout quicker recovery. I believe there is some validity to their claims and have used Vaser for many years.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD