What Difference Would I See in Either Natrelle 15-457cc or 15-492cc Silicone Implants and I Am 36b?

Is there any significant difference in the Natrelle 15-457cc and the 15-492cc silicone implant ? I'm a 36b broad shoulder athletic build, and want fullness thru the upper pole. Concerned w/what size this will make me, but want a proportioned look and not top heavy. My PS suggest the 492

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+2

You describe yourself at size 36 B.  At that size each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you want to end up a D a 400 cc implant would be adequate.  However, you want upper pole fullness.  This can be achieved with a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it possible to reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, reposition your breasts higher on the chest wall and increase cleavage by medial displacement.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall over the bony prominence produces maximum projection with a minimal size implant.  I always recommend the smallest implant possible to achieve the desired goal.  Silicone gel placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural than saline.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+2

There is not a significant enough difference between these two implants to make a great difference in the result

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Larger or smaller implant

+2

Thank you for your question.  A volume difference of 35cc is unlikely to make  a significant impact when considering implants in this size range.  This is less than 8% of the 457cc implant.  Make sure you spend enough time thinking about your implant size.  Spend time trying on different size implants in the office or spend time performing the rice test with each volume to see if you can appreciate a difference.  It has been my experience that women who are considering two different size implants are usually unhappy with the smaller size. This is a personal decision but feel free to get input from your spouse or friends.  Good luck!

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

35cc Difference in Implant Sized

+2

A 35cc difference is very minimal.  The number one complaint after a Breast Augmentation is that the patient wishes they went a tiny bit larger.  If you are concerned of that you may fall into that category, picking the 492cc may remove that concern being that you actually picked the larger of the two you liked.  Good luck with your surgery!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Volumes for implants

+1

40-50 ccd difference is small in the larger implants.  To get an idea of bra size you can do the baggy test with that volume and go check out bras.  Remember, implant volumes donot always  match up to cup size because the bras are manufactured differently.

Difference in size of Natrelle Implant

+1

Natrelle implants are an excellent brand for breast augmentation. Generally speaking it takes at least 50cc's of difference to see a different size, therefore 457cc's and 492cc's will not give you much visible difference. Keep in mind that breast normally have maximum fullness on lower pole. Depending on your height and weight 492 cc's should give you the look you desire. Good luck!

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Differences in implant sizes

+1

The difference between a 457 cc and 492 cc implant is very small and will not be very noticeable.  Both implants have a similar width, so both will fit similar size breasts.  Good luck with your surgery!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Difference in 457 and 492?

+1

A 35 cc difference is very difficult to appreciate, and I would not spend a moment worrying about that.   If you want the smaller implant, choose the smaller implant.

15-457cc or 15-492cc

+1

These are so close in size, there is not going to be much difference. If you had 457's and came to me asking about upsizing to 492, I would advise you that you would not likely see any change. 

Most surgeons don't like to guess cup sizes, since there are no fixed definitions and there is lots of uncertainty. However, many surgeons on this site estimate that a patient will go up one cup size for each 150 to 250 cc of implant. That would put you in the D to DD range.  I don't know if you have had a chance to try on trial implants, but that would be helpful. The width of your own breast could be a limiting factor, since these implants are in the neighborhood of 14 cm wide. If your breasts are not that wide, reconsider either smaller implants, or higher profile implants of similar volume. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 Generally speaking, a 40 cc difference and breast implant volume does not make a dramatic difference for most patients,  depending on the patient's body type.  Given that your plastic surgeon knows you much better than any online consultant can  and assuming that you have communicated your goals clearly with him, you'll probably be best off following his advice ( as opposed to having the most common regret of “I wish I was bigger”  after surgery).

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “ proportionate”  or “top heavy” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.