Difference Between Rhinoplasty vs. Noseplasty?

what is the difference between rhinoplasty and noseplasty as seen in websites

Rhinoplasty vs Noseplasty

+1

This is the first time in 35 years of rhinoplasty surgery I've ever heard the term "noseplasty". The most important decision you will make is to select a surgeon who provides results that you like, regardless of what he/she calls the procedure.

Noseplasty is a New Word To Me

+1

The term "Noseplasty" only means someone is utilizing their marketing skills.  There is no recognized term.  Be suspicious of "creative" marketing in Facial Plastic Surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Difference Between Rhinoplasty vs. Noseplasty

+1

You say tummy tuck I say abdominalplasty! Just another term that means the same thimg. Best of luck and happy holidays. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Rhinoplasty is nose surgery. "Noseplasty" is not a medical term.

+1

I don't know where you heard the term "Noseplasty" but it would be similar to calling an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) a "Tummyplasty" or a brachioplasty (arm lift) an "Armplasty." These don't have any special significance or imply anything different from the formal plastic surgical name, or the lay description (like Rhytidectomy, or facelift). However, any doctor that would use the term "Noseplasty" is either "talking down" to the patient, or is clearly uninformed about the most basic of nomenclature for these operations. No Board-certified plastic surgeon would use the term "Noseplasty."

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty is an operation on the nose. A "noseplasty" is poor English.

+1

I have never heard of a noseplasty but it probably is synonymous with rhinoplasty.  A rhinoplasty is an operation to change the appearance and/or function of the nose.

A rose by any other name...

+1

"Noseplasty" is not a technical name for nasal reshaping surgery. Rhinoplasty is the actual name for a surgical procedure that reshapes the nose. Although I assume the surgeon was trying to make the term more accessible to the public, I think that its ends up creating more confusion than anything else. Whatever you want to call it, it is the surgeon's experience and the actual techniques used during the procedure that will matter most in getting you the results you would like.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Yalamanchili

Haresh Yalamanchili, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

What???

+1

There is no such thing as noseplasty.  That is probably a made up terminology.  Literally it means the same thing.  Rhino = nose.  but its not called noseplasty.  Its Rhinoplasty.  If a doctor is calling it noseplasty.....just walk away and find another doctor. 

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon