Difference Between Mentors Maximum Filled High Profile Saline Implants & High Profile Memory Gel Implants?

I am pending a revision due to bottoming out & tenting. I need to replace my implants as they are too wide for my frame. Currently I have 425CC Mentor Memory gel mod+ profile implants, unders. However, I had initially intended to get saline implants, and now I am debating switching to saline for my revision. My Dr. suggested HP 375CC implants. Would max filled HP saline implants yield a much different result than HP memory gel implants? Please note that I have VERY little natural breast tissue.

Downsizing implants

+1

If you want to downsize your implants a little you could go with either saline or silicone.  If you have very thin breast tissue, silicone will feel a little nicer than saline, but the is the $1000 cost differential.  Other than cost, is there any other reason to switch to saline in your case?  

Downsizing and revising breasts with little native tissue

+1

If you had problems with bottoming out and wide implants, you do need to downsize as you already know.  But if bottoming out was significant and your pocket is going to have be elevated, consider talking to your doctor about the textured anatomic gel implants as they have a better chance of holding their new position AND they ripple the least which is going to be a problem for your if you chose saline implants.  Good luck!

Saline or Silicone Gel Breast implants?

+1

There are many differences between saline versus silicone gel breast implants that you should be aware of. Hopefully, you will be able to learn about the differences between the 2 types of implants in your plastic surgeon's office;  hopefully, you will be able to feel the differences between the breast implants as well.

Some general words regarding the use of saline versus silicone breast implants may be helpful to you:
The type of implant used may influence the final outcome  of the procedure, especially if a patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue.
Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.

If,  on the other hand, a patient has  a significant amount of breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Difference Between Mentor's Max Filled High Profile saline &High Profile Memory Gel

+1

Hi Brittany, thank you for posting your question. I think this is an excellent question to ask prior to your procedure date.  Mentioning the VERY little natural breast tissue is a key factor. Saline implants have more rippling then silicone does so please make sure that is something you are aware of and have spoken to your plastic surgeon about. 

I wish you the best.

Tenting and breast shape

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what implant would be best for you. 50 cc is not a huge difference in volume and if you are having tenting then more than likely the implants are too wide for you.