What is the Difference Between Juvederm and Sugiderm? They Both Last About a Year?

Are both of these injected more superficial? My wrinkles aren't really deep.

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is approved for use in the United States.  While Surgiderm is anothe hyaluronic acid, it is not approved here.

Juvederm has been FDA approved

+1

There are a number of fillers available outside of the US. Only fillers that have been FDA approved are legal to inject within the US. I was part of the clinical trial in 2004 that resulted in Juvederm's approval for use in the US. It is a very safe, well tolerated filler that can shows improvement even after 18 months. Although it was tested in the nasolabial folds, it is widely used in the lips and in other faicial lines and folds.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Juvederm and Surgiderm

+1

Surgiderm is not FDA-approved here in the United States. It is similar to Juvederm in that they both are hyaluronic acids and each has different types (Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are cross-linked differently) and Surgiderm has different concentrations and crosslinking, so that within each line of fillers there are some designed for more superficial placement and some for deeper placement. The corresponding fillers from the two different lines should have similar longevities, but I have never used Surgiderm to know from personal experience. Surgiderm is available I believe in the U.K. and in some other countries.

Ronald Shelton, MD