Difference in Size of Each Breast After Breast Augmentation.

I had a breast augmentation like 3 weeks ago and my left breast is signifigantly larger then my right. Is this normal? Will it shrink to match the right breast?

Different Size Breasts After Surgery

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question accurately when I don't have any preop or post op information / photos. I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure that there are no post operative complications that may need attention.

Best Wishes

Sonogram will pick up a seroma or a hematoma after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

The breasts should look symmetrical when the surgery is finished.  If you were not symmetrical to begin with, that can usually be corrected.  So I would take your concern seriously.  It is not normal for one breast to be much more "swollen" than the other.  So see your surgeon right away.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Size difference after breast augmentation

+1
I'd need more information to answer the question intelligently. Did your breasts start out asymmetrically? Did you have a postop complication in the left breast? However, generally speaking, many patients experience more swelling on one side than on the other and, over time, this will abate. You should followup with your plastic surgeon to rule out infection or hematoma.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation and difference

+1

Without an exam I could not say why one breast is larger. If it is drastically larger, then there is always concern regarding a hematoma. An exam by your surgeon would be helpful.

Healing after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is quite typical to have one breast to be larger than the other at this point.  It would be best to observe for another 4 to 6 weeks.  If after 6 months there is persistant and noticeable asymmetry, then you may wish to consult with your surgeon about a revision surgery. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Size asymmetry after augmentation

+1

You are only 3 weeks after breast augmentation.  It is possible that you have more swelling on one side.   This will take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to resolve depending on your activity level.  If after 2-3 months the asymmetry persists and is obvious, you may need to discuss a revision surgery with your plastic surgeon.  Of course, there are limitations of what can be achieved in terms of your symmetry based on underlying asymmetries you might have had before your surgery.  Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS