How Much Difference is There Between HP Vs Mod + Silicone Implants?

I have decided to undergo lollipop mastopexy along with breast augmentation. I am 5'4 125-130lbs wearing 34C-34D bra with good amount of tissue. My doc suggested 275cc HP however I am afraid of too much projection and the high look. When I told him this he said we can go the same size, which is 275cc, but in Mod plus. Would these profiles yield a different look even though the difference is just + 0.9cm for projection for HP vs in diameter for Mod plus? How does it affect overall look?

HP vs moderate pojecting implants do make a difference.

+2

Choosing the best breast implant volume and projection is both art and science. Recent advances in breast augmentation planning has emphasized the benefits of choosing more modest sized implants in order to reduce the risk of revisional surgery over a patients lifetime. Larger and heavier implants will result in more tissue stretch, tissue thinning, more gravity related changes and more need for revisional surgery. HP implants have a rounder shape and more projection  than moderate or moderate plus implantsfor the same base diameter. HP devices  will result in more filling of your breast early on at the expense of more stretch and compression of your breast tissue over the long term. Only you surgeon can discuss the trade offs associated with each choice. The good news is that both options being offered to you are relatively modest sized implants which will be in your best long term interest.

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant dimensions

+2

Opinion differs significantly between qualified plastic surgeons concerning what are the appropriate dimensions for a breast implant with either augmentation or a lift with augmentation.  My personal opinion is that the diameter is most important to get the most natural result.  Measuring the diameter of the breast and matching it with that dimension of implant typically will result in a slightly larger implant than the patient was thinking of.  The discussion will then go into body image and being comfortable with the ultimate choice.

Wishing you all the best.

High vs. Mod. Profile Plus Implants with Lift

+1

If the base width is the same, then the difference will be in projection.  If the cc's are held the same, there will be a difference in projection and base width.  There are many variables when choosing an implant.  Base width is the one I use for the most guidance.  Skin coverage, shape, skin resilience, etc all have a role.  You are also getting a lift.  This adds to the variables as well.  Try to find some photos that you like and take these to your plastic surgeon.  This tends to help everybody get on the same page.  Speak at length with your plastic surgeon and together you will come up with an appropriate plan.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/before-after/category/breast-lift-with-augmentation

Breast Implant Diameter Makes a Difference

+1

Yes, it does make a difference.  Please take advantage of the different profiles.

The ideal behind the different profiles is to customize the breast implant to the base width of the chest or breast..  This gives the best possibility of maximal size and a natural look.

I must add that you are a c to d cup now.  A good vertical lift will give a optical illusion of looking larger. Go to the link below and look at patient 4,6,and 10. The breast look larger.

I bring this up because as soon as you add an implant you add the list of complication and the fact that you will most certainly need other surgeries because the implants do not last forever.  If you are on the fence regarding implants in would advise against it and go natural

Web reference: http://photos.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/PHOTOList.asp?photo=Breastlift+Vertical&c=857

Moderate plus versus high profile implant.

+1

The high profile implant will give you greater projection.  The moderate plus will be a little wider in diameter.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Implant choices

+1

The moderate plus profile implants have a lower projection and wider base.  I prefer high profiles in many cases.

Implant Profile

+1

There are significant differences in the results from different profile implants and different sized implants. My suggestion to my patients is that they show me the result they hope to achieve and leave the implant size and projection up to me. Our goal during surgery is to create the result that most closely resembles your desire for a final result. Our choice of implant during surgery is based on a variety of factors: pocket dissection, chest size and shape, breast size and shape, body fat, and patient desires. Using a variety of sizers during the procedure allows us to best match what implant size and profile is necessary in order to achieve the result. Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mod Plus Vs High Profile

+1

The difference between the same base diameter (width) high profile and mod plus is usually less than 1 cm of projection (we are talking millimeters of difference).    The degree of projection is definitely one thing to consider in selecting your implants.  One thing you can do is to request to try on implant sizers before your surgery.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com